S.A.D hitting me early this year

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one that really gets me is the road out of our village towards the town. About every metre, there is one of those Yakult yoghurt drink pots chucked into the verge. Someone who obviously worries about his (I'm guessing it's a he, but....) internal environment but doesn't give a hoot about the external one.
I don't know how you can stop these people. Dirty stupid pigs....... no, pigs are quite clean animals that insults pigs. Dirty stupid people.
Councils don't make much of an effort to clean the litter up, unless you specifically report something.

There should be a campaign where litter is regularly picked up and the cost of cleaning made public, so people know the cost comes out of their pockets. try and make littering an anti-social act.

another roady here too although I've not been out much this year .

I was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes and Hypothyroidism back in 2016 and since then I have struggled to reduce the carbs in my diet which I know has a huge effect on my energy levels.
I have also done a lot of research and I now take quite a few supplements to improve my general health.
Daily I take
4000IU of Vit D3
375mg Magnesium
90ug Vit K2
1000ug Vit B12
50mg Vit B6
15mg Zinc

If i stop taking these for about 5-7 days my arthritis comes back in my ankles wrists thumbs and fingers with a vengence. it can be so bad that I have to sit up in an armchair all night especially when I get restless legs as well. Within a week of restarting the supplements the pain subsides almost completely. I think I have narrowed it own to the Magnesium and Vit D3 . Its expensive but to be free of pain what price can you put on that !?
Hi thier I suffer the same with the same problem does the vitamins come in a multi vitamin bottle where would I purchase them? Thanks for the help

Hi thier I suffer the same with the same problem does the vitamins come in a multi vitamin bottle where would I purchase them? Thanks for the help
Hi. no unfortunately they don't. You can buy multivitimins but they are a complete waste of time and money. the quantities are so miniscule they would have little or absolutely no effect.
You need to do a little research on which Vitamins and Minerals you need to take for your own particular health conditions and locality .

In the UK the NHS recommends 400 IU Vitamin D3 daily .....I take 4000 IU during the Winter months and blood tests confirm that that amount just about keeps me at an optimum 68 nmol/L. ... World Health Organisations are just beginning to recognise the significance of Vit D3 in Immune health .

I buy my Vits and Minerals from natures Best but most Supermarkets and Chemist sell them . Just make sure you buy max doses if you want to see any appreciable effects.

Hi. no unfortunately they don't. You can buy multivitimins but they are a complete waste of time and money. the quantities are so miniscule they would have little or absolutely no effect.
You need to do a little research on which Vitamins and Minerals you need to take for your own particular health conditions and locality .

In the UK the NHS recommends 400 IU Vitamin D3 daily .....I take 4000 IU during the Winter months and blood tests confirm that that amount just about keeps me at an optimum 68 nmol/L. ... World Health Organisations are just beginning to recognise the significance of Vit D3 in Immune health .

I buy my Vits and Minerals from natures Best but most Supermarkets and Chemist sell them . Just make sure you buy max doses if you want to see any appreciable effects.

Fantastic post. Respect.
I personally adding CBD to that list.
Relax OCD thoughts patterns and anxiety. Before my diagnosis on autistic spectrum, I was treated with all pharma for Depression, PTSD, ADHD, ADD, you name it 🙄 😵 😔

CBD is best… there is also edgy CBD smokes with tiny THC ;) not in “sale” - obviously.

I get the depression symptoms in winter and the rain and damp stresses me out, having lived in a number of houses with varying levels of water tightness. I also find that heating the house just contributes to money worries more than anything. That said we've not had the heating on since February this year, it's been that warm, and last winter was a dry one.

In the summer I feel like I'm solar powered. If I go for a run in the sun I can go forever. In the winter my energy is non existent.

First part of my life, I lived in Aberdeenshire, then the second part, I lived just outside Inverness, up in the hills.
It was cold in winter, toilet frozen in the morning, diesel frozen in the tractor. lol. We had the same long dark days in winter, but it was never the damp cold that we get where I live now. I live at the bottom of a valley, so the dampness just hangs about some days. Right in the middle of winter, some days the temperature hangs about 2C, misty, so it never gets proper daylight. It's utterly miserable for cycling. I would prefer it to be colder, however, in summer , it's just beautiful. :).
All the SAD sufferers have my sympathy..I know a couple of people who suffer and its like all the energy has been sapped out of them.
I'm the total opposite (and a freak)..Winter is my favourite time of year and I love winter cycling. The summer months are my least favourite, my dad thinks I'm insane....

Winter is my favourite time of year and I love winter cycling
I used to be the same, the wilder/ wetter/steeper better. Crazy bad weather was just a challenge to be taken, now my bits ache when I cycle, especially in cold wet weather....it will come to you as well :) Until then, enjoy it.

All the SAD sufferers have my sympathy..I know a couple of people who suffer and its like all the energy has been sapped out of them.
I'm the total opposite (and a freak)..Winter is my favourite time of year and I love winter cycling. The summer months are my least favourite, my dad thinks I'm insane....
Must admit I like the winter, winter runs, logs on the fire, mince pies, women wrapped up and not a temptation....

Hadn't thought of that!!! top of my Santa list this year!!

As they say, No such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing. That's my main problem when cycling
Plenty of layers and gloves.

Feet are my weakness always go cold.

Brought a pair of shimano mt3 shoes only to find they are full of holes!!!

Cheers James

I have the Shimano MW501's . They are supposed to be waterproof, but there's a big hole whee my foot goes in. The water just runs down my legs and into the shoe that way!! I have tried all ways to stop it, but it eventually gets in, then the show fills up with cold water!!.

I have the Shimano MW501's . They are supposed to be waterproof, but there's a big hole whee my foot goes in. The water just runs down my legs and into the shoe that way!! I have tried all ways to stop it, but it eventually gets in, then the show fills up with cold water!!.

Ive got a mitsubishi l200, so far i havent had water in there, apart from ieaving my window open when i went through a guant puddle at speed.... you wouldnt catch me on a bike in bad weather! 😆

Feet are my weakness always go cold.

I have a lovely pair of northwave gtx and some thick wooly socks for winter riding, though they seem to have gone up by 50% since i bought mine. Now I have no excuse not to get out in the winter

I have a pair of DMTs that I bought nearly 16 years ago now when I lived in Zurich and along with a nice pair of Rohan double layer marino wool socks they were perfect for riding and hiking and even running around the alps. Think they came from what they call the gravel range now.

I have a pair of DMTs
Just Googled DMT
" DMT (N,N-Dimethyltryptamine) is a hallucinogenic tryptamine drug that occurs naturally in many plants and animals. It is also referred to as the “spirit molecule” due to the intense psychedelic experience "

Ha!!!! you just thought you were dry and warm and lived in Zurich!!!

Back