Ryobi RT 6000

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi
Does anyone have one of these router tables ? im wanting to know if a Dewalt 625EK will fit it ok ?

Thanks
Coggy

I had one, sent it back. I needed a decent sliding table, and it wasn't decent. Also the split fences were not in line with each other. Cast iron table was ok. I should think just about any router would fit due to the clamp system, tricky to get a router on and off though
John

Coggy,
As john said, i sent mine back also.
it was very akward to change cutters, the clamp system would take any router but you do lose a fair bit of depth of cut and an extender would be needed.
there was absoutely nothing i liked about the table. mounting a router was almost a two person job and getting it lined up through the centre with the guage was difficult. not one i would recommend if you intend to remove the router on a regular basis

Ian

Coggy,
I think most people here build there own. Check out Neil's in the 'Router competition,. I built a NYW version which by the amount of people who have one seems to be the standard these days. I used a jessem mast-r-lift with a pc7518. check out wakas review on the unilift from woodpecker, it will take the dw625 i think.
alternatives over here are few and far between. there is the trend versions and axminster do the cmt verson.Rutlands offer the jessem setup but building one gives far more satisfaction. rutlands also offer the tops already cut to suit a mounting plate this would be a good starter for building your own.

hope that was of help rather than adding to the confusion

Ian

Thanks very much Ian. I suppose building one is out the question really because im way to busy and it would cost to much in time to stop and build one. SWMBO never sees me as it is without any more spare time going :lol:

I suppose im looking for a good table that can be purchased for now and maybe look at building one some time in the future.

If you had to buy one everyone, which one would you go for ?

Jase

Coggy

Trend PRT is OK. I have one with my 625 in it. I suppose I'll eventually build my own c/w unilft, Incra fence etc for ultimate accuracy but the PRT does me fine for now

You can shorten the legs and put it on a bench top too.

Cheers
Scott

Coogy

If you don't want to build your own then check on the Woodworkers Workshop web site, they do the Woodpecker range of tables. I've not seen one in the flesh but tieir products are first class. Probabley best t go into the Woodpeckers web site first because the other one does not bring up everything he deals with.

Alternastively he is going to be at the Ally Pally stand 84, his name is Roger ans a very helpful chap he is. I'm not advertising here, its just that the service and product from this guy is excellent.

Jason,
Any router table you buy will be a compromise and until you know exactly what you want, building the perfect table for your way of working is also out of the question, whether or not you have time to do it.

An awful lot can be done on a table that takes a few minutes to build - a piece of ply clamped the the bench - I kid you not! I'd rather do this than spend money on an expensive bit of kit that became unsuitable in a few weeks.

Jason,
The Record RPMSR is the same table as the Riobi 6000, I had one of these for a couple of months, as others have mentioned if you plan to use the router on & off the table it's tricky clamping it up, and the fence & hood were in 3 pieces and mine was not very accurate to align. I got lucky and sold it on Ebay for more than I bought it for.

Well after looking at loads of posts on different forums i decided to go and take a look at the Triton because the Aussies rave about them and i have not read a bad post about them.

Right i thought im getting somewhere at last :D went to Machine mart today and they don't keep them in stock you have to order to buy them :?

Back to square one again but the Triton is winning by a furlong ATM

Jase
Coggy

Thanks John

Dont think i will be cutting tennons with it anyway mate i have another method in mind :roll:

Do you have an opinion on the Triton John ?

Jase

They do do the triton stuff not sure about the router table but the warehouse definatly does triton 100%.

Cheers,
Derek.

Back