• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Ryobi Industrial RE600/601 Router 1/2" Collet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trevanion

Greatest Of All Time
Reaction score
I know, I know... Fools Errand... I've got an old Ryobi RE601 sat under the bench doing nothing because it doesn't have a collet. On and off for about five years I've been looking for the 1/2" collet to fit it, last year I found an original collet nut to fit the machine (Although, I've never actually screwed it on, it's been sat on the desk for the last year! 😂) so I'm practically half-way there!

Anyone know anywhere or anyone who might have one of these stuffed in a drawer? Or an alternative that will fit? It'd be a shame to scrap the machine as they're a very decent workhorse.

You know, for some reason when you look for them yourself you can never find the bloody things but someone else always is able to point you in the right direction... 🤦‍♂️

Cheers Pete, I'll see if Trend still has them but I doubt it, I'm certainly not spending any more than £10!

You're welcome. All I did was search for the name, model with collet after. I doubt you find anything for a tenner unless someone has a duff router they will pull one from. I kind of think 30 or 40 isn't so bad as a new router is going to cost 5 or 10 times as much to replace than a collet. Up to you though.

Pete

You're welcome. All I did was search for the name, model with collet after.

I've been ocasionally doing that for the last five years! Everywhere I looked said "out of stock" and they never came up secondhand except for the spare nut I picked up!

The Router itself isn't in the greatest of conditions and the only thing I really know about it is that it runs but I don't know the life it's lead, judging by its looks, not the easiest one. It isn't worth spending a hell of a lot on it only to find out ten minutes into cutting that blue smoke is coming out of the top :(

Back