RYOBI ERT1150V/T & ROUTER TABLE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi
What is the forums opinion on the above, its on Ebay @ £99 plus postage.
Are they a good first buy?

Cheers

Grumf

Errr - No - not at that price - a quick Google shows toolstation doing it for £91.32 including free delivery - you could save yourself £17.50 odd & get it from a reputable dealer with a good returns policy etc. The Ebay dealer may very well be reputable as well but you just never quite know.

As for the router & table - I've heard it said from more than one source that its good value but I've no experience of it myself - There also seems to be some question over whether it has a 1/2" collet capacity - I seem to remember there being something odd about it - like it did have one but didnt say so on the box, or it was quoted as being for occasional use only (so presumably not up to the job, but then one would not expect that from 1150W anyway).

As a starting-out kit I'd probably go for a Trend T3 (less than £30) and one of the cheapy £25/£30 tables you see advertised around.

Richard

If you search the forum there's quite a few posts on this machine.

I have one. It does take 1/2". OK for a first router/table set-up. The other posts should give you more info and feedback. If I was starting out again (and at the same level of knowledge/proficiency..would I buy it again..probably yes)

Roger

Many thanks to you both, I will have another wee think about it.
Cheers
:eek:ccasion5: Grumf

Latest posts

Back