Ryobi Ert1150 Router/Table combo

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Does anyone know if the router table that you get with this package take the dewalt dw625ek?

Cheers,
Derek.

Hi Derek

What you get in the package deal is the Ryobi ERT-1150V Router and the the ART-1 table... neither of which seem to exist to the parent company

http://www.ryobitools.com/product/produ ... &toolcat=5

they're not there... as you may guess i've got one of these and i quite like it really, it does the jobs i want it to well, but it's basic i suppose. The best i can offer is to scan the router base plate so you can see if the mounting holes line up...

Jim

Hi Derek...short answer is No...unless you raise the legs of the table.

I have the Ryobi combo kit and as Jim says ..it's not bad..for the price. There is quite a lot of vibration in the router and that can make the clamp vibrate loose.

To get around that problem I fixed the Axminster adjustable bench roller underneath and that works a treat as a router lift as well. You need to remove the spring from the Ryobi to make it easier to adjust up and down.

If you have a Dewalt already then I'd go for a larger router table myself or make your own.

I started off with a small 1/4 Makita 3620 (and still have it). Then I bought the Ryobi combi which at £89 is a steal. That has stood me well but as I get more experienced I find that it has some minor limitations and so the catalogues come out (again

But now I have a 'rat and a DeWalt 625 that I'm just starting to play with.

I can't comment on the fixing holes...but if you're deadset on raising the legs etcv then I can go check the holes for you.

Cheers

Roger

rsinden":jymhyfb8 said:
To get around that problem I fixed the Axminster adjustable bench roller underneath and that works a treat as a router lift as well. You need to remove the spring from the Ryobi to make it easier to adjust up and down.

What is the best way to remove the spring and the reson i ask about the dewalt is because on the box it states that it takes most other routers aswell. If you go to http://www.ryobi-europe.com/garde.asp that is where you will find all the info on the ryobi combo.

Cheers,
Derek.

Not the way I started certainly :oops:

The spring is on one side only. If you look underneath on one side there is a split pin through the pillar. This pin keeps the spring in. Drift out the pin, remove the spring and then drift the pin back in. I happened to have a small enough punch that could act as the drift.

One thing that I added to my Ryobi bench was a couple of longer and thicker fence pieces. The fence doesn't come far enough forward if you want to make some profile cuts....as I found out when I discovered climb cutting!

rsinden":31g9iyvk said:
I can't comment on the fixing holes...but if you're deadset on raising the legs etcv then I can go check the holes for you.

That would be great if its not to much trouble.

Thanks,
Derek.

typical well thats that idea out the window, Thanks for checking anyway.

Cheers,
Derek.

rsinden":3rj54dba said:
The spring is on one side only. If you look underneath on one side there is a split pin through the pillar. This pin keeps the spring in. Drift out the pin, remove the spring and then drift the pin back in.

What did you do about the brass spring cap thats left inside after you removed the spring? As you have probabley gathered i went out and purchased one and my first impressions of a router table is very good as i have always used them handheld.

Cheers,
Derek.

rsinden":10gjk9dp said:
What brass spring cap? Never saw one and so it's probably still there!

Roger

When i removed the spring i didn't know it was their untill i heard it rattle so i looked up the leg with a torch and noticed what looked like a smaller brass tube so i checked the diagram of the router and their it was i tried to get it out with a pair of needle nose pliers and couldn't so i have also just left it i was just wondering thats all anyway thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Derek.

One thing to watch out for, if you go for the Axminster bench roller as a lifting mechanism (or any other type for that matter) is to make sure that you still lock off the router as the slop in the legs allows it to wander. It's Ok once you're actually routing but it messes up your alignment with cut lines etc.

Back