Ryobi BT3100 Table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philpolish

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all just been reading a few things about this saw Ryobi BT1300 also Argees mobile station very nice too. Just wandered if this saw is avaliable in UK had a quick search nothing came up.
Thanks in advance Phil.

The BT3000K was the last model of that type to be sold in the UK. I understand that the BT3100 has just been made available in Australia (240V), but my enquiries about the possibility of a 240V UK release met with this response from Ryobi UK:

"Good Afternoon, I am sorry that I have to reply to you with no so good news on the above machine. This is not a model that Ryobi UK do or will do. We are a separate entity to Ryobi America/ Europe/ Zew Zealand, this therefore means that we will not have the same range of products and unfortunately do not know what other country's will be selling."

The 3100 is marketed in the USA through Home Depot, but is 110V. I know of at least one user who has brought one over with him and used it with a transformer, but I don't know what - if any - effect that had on its cutting power.

I bought my BT3000 second-hand some years ago and have been very pleased with it since I stripped it down and had a good old clean and adjust. My mobile cabinet was one solution to a greater rip capacity and a safer way to handle sheet goods. Not perfect, but better than nowt! :)

Ray.

Roger":2hrs0u76 said:
The 3100 is marketed in the USA through Home Depot, but is 110V. I know of at least one user who has brought one over with him and used it with a transformer, but I don't know what - if any - effect that had on its cutting power.

Methinks that person was me, I had the BT3000 for about 7 years, now been passed on to Cambourne Pete.

Had no problems running this saw through a transformer, it gave me faithful service until I upgraded.

I don't know if they have "Sears & Roebuck" over there but they have a version of the BT3100 that has its own stand. Its called a job saw
A BT3000 in sears clothing

I have the Sears 21829 copy of Ryobi BT3100
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00921829000P
Brought it over with me when I moved 3 years ago. Love it for site work and small cabinet projects. No substitute for full size siding table cabinet saw, but very good for other things. 240 to 120v transforer is no problem as long as blades are sharp and not more then 25mm hardwood thickness.

Have carpenter/joiners wanting to know where to get one on very big site I've worked on.

Blades can be problematic as has 5/8" arbor.
All old Ryobi BT3000/3100 accessories work on it. Wish it was available here.

Back