Rutlands

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rutlands have improved 10 fold over they way thet used to deliver, but even in the bad old days they could surprise you with a fast turnaround. I believe it depended on what was in stock at the time.

Bean

Hi Dave,

Just a quick question, did you order online? I placed an order with Rutlands yesterday morning and I haven't yet received an email from them to say the items have been dispatched.

Hi como,

yes, I did order online. The dispatch email came much later than expected though, 5:45pm. I assume they only send the email once everything has actually gone.

What did you order?

Dave

The one thing I've discovered is that their web online shop is not 'real time' as far as stocking levels go. So you can order thinking that you're going to get it delivered in a reasonable timeframe. DAMHIKT

I ordered stuff which was said in stock and it appears they don't have it in stock and are even waiting for custom to clear to get more.
I regret ordering from them now :cry:

I had great service from Rutlands, despatched the package next day but had lots of trouble with ANC trying to deliver it. Ended up having to do a 40 round trip to collect it.

Here at Rutlands we do monitor and value the comments made by UK Workshop members in relation to the level of customer service that we offer. As the forums show we have over the past 12 to 18 months significantly improved our customer service levels to the extent where 96% of UK mainland orders are delivered next working day. We have invested heavily in a new purpose built warehouse & distribution centre so that we can increase our stock holding levels and we have employed experienced customer service personnel to ensure that we communicate professionally with our customers. We are committed to our business and we are under no illusion that the level of customer service that we offer is paramount if our company is to continue to grow at its current rate. We do occasionally mis-calculate the sale volumes of certain products, which then leads to out of stock situations, however we do communicate this to our customers and we do not charge customers credit or debit cards until the goods have been despatched. The Rutlands web site is advancing toward real time stock levels, which we hope will be implemented during 2006. We now have the pleasure of serving over 40000 regular woodworking customers and we hope through our actions we will continue to serve more.

Mark

Rutlands Ltd

Mark
Thanks for the update-glad to see Rutlands are doing their best to keep us happy. Also glad to hear you value the comments you read on the forum. [-o<
Cheers
Philly :D

Mark, you're still charging £10 postage for a single rutter cutter to Northern Ireland. I can get cheaper shipping rates from the US!!
You did post last November that this rate would reduced to -

"In our Summer 2005 catalogue we did reduce the price of carriage to N. Ireland from £14.95 to £9.95 for parcels up to 45kg. As of December 1st we are introducing a new packet post rate of £2.95 for goods weighing less than 2kg to all UK postcode addresses, naturally including NIreland & Scottish Islands."

Not the case as of a week ago according to your website.

Noel, who as yet, will not be the 40,001st customer.

Dear Noel,
The packet post rate of £2.95 for the delivery of router cutters to both UK mainland and offshore UK will be in effect by the end of January 2006. I was too optimistic with my original implementation date. I apologize.

Mark T
It's nice to see someone putting his name up & looks like there's been some big improvements recently, or about to happen. :)
Looking to the longer term future, have Rutlands any plans to embrace the (dis)United States of Europe, I know it's hardly going to be worth it right now but I've been dealing with several German woodwork tools distributers who offer delivery to anywhere in the EU for around 15 Euro & one that offers free delivery on orders over 300 Euro.

Mark,

I'm also interested in the possibility of export orders, there are a great many items in the Rutlands catalogue which I would love to be able to order.

I understand that the administration of export orders for very heavy items could be a potential nightmare in case of returns, but surely it should be feasible for orders up to say 30kg. Below 30kg volumetric weight the shipping costs shouldn't be prohibitive either. There could be a pretty good market over here, I don't know what it's like in the rest of europe but in France there seems to be a limited choice in most areas and the prices are unbelievably high for quality tools.

Losos - Could you PM me with the names of your German suppliers? I wouldn't want to hijack Rutlands thread :wink:

Simon

Thanks Noel, I have used the guide before and it's been very useful but there are only a couple of German suppliers on there. I'm hoping that Losos may know some who deal in machinery as well.

cheers,

Simon

Hi Simon

Not sure if they'll be able to help you, but the folk at http://www.drechselstube.de are very helpful and nice people too. Might be worth at least getting in touch with.

Martin there speaks pretty good English (which is great because I can't speak German!) and has a wonderful set up, although mainly aimed towards turning.

Good luck

Thanks Terry, I'll take a look at them. By happy coincidence a lathe is on my list but then again so is almost everything else :lol: .

Much appreciated,

Simon

Losos and Unlucky Alf - Exporting to mainland Europe & Scandinavia

For the past six weeks, we (Rutlands Ltd) have been running on a 'trial' basis, an export sales service. If you e mail [email protected] and state your product requirements, a lady called Laura in our customer service department who is running the trial will confirm the carriage cost and the delivery period. We are however restricted to a maximum weight of 25kg per order.

Mark T
Rutlands Ltd

Back