Rutlands

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark T - Well a trial system is a good way to start, to begin wiith the language thing will likely keep volume low, but I'm sure that the EU will (slowly) move into a one language business environment (Note I say 'business' environment not socially)

Unlucky Alf - I will PM you tommorrow

Mark,
What about the republic of Ireland, which I am sure you make a lot of business with?
You (Rutlands) still charge £20 for delivery (in Dublin, not in the middle of the country). Even after buying about £300 worth of goods! So this on top of being out of stock and still waiting for half the order, you can see why I am not so keen on dealing again with your company.
Only for you had all the items I needed under one roof I must say I would have ordered else where.

Regards.
Fairplay for representing Rutlands on this Forum, I'll give you that :D

Well it's now well over a <b>month</b> ago my order has gone through and I am still waiting for one item to be dispatched!!!

Without it, I can't complete my project. I am well P...ed off :(

CYC":k60uw9iq said:
Well it's now well over a <b>month</b> ago my order has gone through and I am still waiting for one item to be dispatched!!!

Without it, I can't complete my project. I am well P...ed off :(

Waited only a month. I placed an order with them on January the 5th, yesterday I emailed then asking what has happened to it. The reply said they were expecting a shipment in the middle of March and it would be dispatched straight away. So that will be over three months. :x So don't hold your breath...

I am waiting for a Jessem Mast R Plate, is that what you are waiting for?
I placed the order at the same time.

I took advantage of the Rutlands Tooling Sale and ordered some router cutters on line at 1650 hours on 7th Feb. I did request delivery on 10th Feb so that I would be here to accept the order. I returned home form work on 9th to find a card through the door and the goods thrown over the side gate. :shock: No damage to cutters but luckily it wasn't a power tool or anything breakable. I know this isn't really Rutlands fault but all the same it's all part of their service. I have e-mailed them to inform them and await a response. Any other users had any similar problems :?:

Gary

C'mon guys - lighten up.

Gary - thats the carriers fault not Rutlands.

Re out of stocks - yes it is a pain and they have commented here that they are trying to resolve it. It happened to me with some cutters after the sale and I'm still waiting for something else. That said, the money doesn't leave your card until the item is ready for despatch, so there is nothing stopping you from cancelling your order and buying from another source if you choose. If thay are the only source then you just have to wait.

I personally think that their quality of service has improved exponentially in the last 12 months.

Cheers

Tim

I never said it was Rutlands fault I whole heartidly agree with you. They have improved and I have been well inpressed with their service over the past 18 months.

My moan was with the courier. Rutlands have responded stating they have passed the complaint to the management of the courier stating they should have obtained a signature and are refunding my delivery charge. :D :D :D

:lol: :lol: Just had another delivery problem form DM Tools via TNT. Problem this time was sorted within two hours :lol: :lol:

It appears for some that the customer is right. 8) 8)

My wife used to work for Argos. Thank the lord she now works outside of retail because the mentality of many (and I mean a significant % of customers) beggared belief. Among other situations, she sometimes got verbally abused simply when an item was out of stock. I find it astonishing how far consumer attitudes have changed where the "must have it NOW!" attitude seems so common.

I must stress that I would never suggest anyone here would think that way. However, I find that courtesy, patience and a little pragmatism is ultimately more rewarding, when dealing with others.

If one wishes to criticise others, I think one should always strive to do so in a constructive way, backed up with a reasonable and balanced argument if necessary. After all, the people that work for our suppliers are just like us - ordinary folks hopefully doing their best for us.

Ike

Or,

"I've had occasion this week to say to someone... carriers are the weakest link in the supply chain.

If I made a posting every time carriers let me down I'd be here every week with one problem or another. It is shoddy service and it's very frustrating for us as suppliers; I rushed a parcel through the system last week to get it out to a new customer only for the carriers to take a week to deliver it, claiming they couldn't find the address!"

DA - thats a fair charge at me although I think the circumstances were slightly different given that it was told to wait in for the courier to pick it up rather than find that a courier has left stuff outside. By the time I had posted this thread, I had had to wait in for three days. The communication was only between Me and Metabo given that they insisted on dealing with the carrier - so again I feel justified in maintaining that Metabo retained responsibility.

Also in this instance (as becomes clearer down the thread), the tone taken by the Metabo person was pretty off and indeed they had addressed the package incorrectly.

Shame that even though you are so familiar with historical threads you haven't contributed before or indeed if you have, have to hide behind a new ID :roll: :roll: :roll:

Cheers

Tim

Blimey! Didn't realise such an innocent message was going to create such a vicious thread. If I'd have known I might have mentioned dado's.

Dave

Believe it of not, I am still waiting for even the mail to tell me the Plate I ordered from Rutlands more than 2 months ago is despatched!!!

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Back