Rutlands

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin

Established Member
Reaction score
[moan]

Well, it's the weekend, and my last order from Rutlands hasn't turned up :evil:

Ordered very early on Monday morning, charge appeared on the credit card on Tuesday (which by my reckoning means they charged my card straight away on the Monday), but nothing has turned up.

It's not a big order really - just a couple of mobile bases + some oil, but frustrating as I'm in the middle of re-organising the workshop (hence the mobile bases) and was hoping to progress it this weekend.

Their website says delivery in 2 working days (they've had 5). Their email said they'd contact me if there was availability problems (they haven't).

I know this sounds like an in your face moan, but the fact that they've taken my money (in my books) means that they owe me something - either the goods, or some customer service (email?) telling me that they're delayed and why...

[/moan]

Here's hoping it turns up tomorrow.....
Martin.

Yep - that's really poor. The Rutlands saga continues....
Will these guys never learn?
Perhaps if we all stopped ordering from them...?

Well, hope it turns up for you tomorrow

Same boat here!

I ordered mine (£150 quids worth) last Friday, and have had nothing, in nearly eight days.

I have received absolutely no correspondence either.

OUTRAGE!

Howdy fellas.....

I'm in the same boat here.....I ordered some Festool gear on Tuesday and was told to expect it yesterday or today, but once again no show! I even phoned up before hand to make sure that they had the stuff in stock too!!

I also phoned up Festool UK for some hard to source bits and they put me in contact with Joe Greener who is one of my local dealers. He would have matched the Rutlands price and I'd have much rather placed my order with him!

You even have to pay six quid delivery, the bloody cheek of it!!

SimonA

Rutlands are so haphazzard and *&*%$ Frustrating.
I have suffered the same as you guys and vowed never to touch them again. Yet I did two weeks ago and I specifically asked them to deliver on a tuesday as I would be at home..............Suprise Surprise they did :shock:

Axminster are the bain of my life at the mo, the goods ordered last week are still not here, they tell me that they have dispatched, but still no show

Bean

Well I phoned up today and they still haven't sent my order out even though they have the stuff in stock!! So I cancelled my order and I'll go with the local guy who I already have another Festool order with.

SimonA

Always try my local toolshop first.

He usually tries (and succeeds) to price match. No delivery costs, first class service and of course the 'little guys' get to stay in business.

I am lucky though and my local toolshop is only 3 miles away. I've even phoned them up at 5:30 closing time, told them I am on my way and they have stayed open until I arrive.

Well, I just got off the phone from them and was told that they've been moving their stock to a new building, and that my order was possibly not dispatched yet. After pressing, she admitted that it hadn't actually been dispatched at all, and would not be until Monday, at which point I cancelled it.

I also told her that they were being down-right cheeky by charging my card when they knew full well they wouldn't be able to ship it this week (poor girl - I guess Rutland's crummy sales policy is not her fault, but there you go).

Anyway, despite the wonderful product range on their site, I am now committed to never ordering from them again (and that includes the Scheppach TS2500 that I'm close to buying). Their lack of consideration for paying customers (who keep them in business) is quite frankly shocking.

Off to my local toolshop (Messingers in Guildford....)

Cheers,
Martin.

I have just given them a bell, and they have told me that some of my order will not be in stock until the end of 'september'. The rest is supposed to have been sent at the beginning of the week, but it is all the couriers fault it has not arrived!

Well I asked 'Why have I not been informed that it will not be in stock for another three weeks?'

'I do not know' was the reply.

Of course, my money was grabbed from my bank account last friday!

I cannot cancel my order because there are no shops anywhere near me, that I could use as an alternate source.

Well, my money's been taken, half my order is, 'God only know's where'. The other half is not even available for three weeks, the Cat's puked up in my slippers. The light-bulb has just blown, the car has a flat tyre, and now it's started raining.

OUTRAGEOUS!!!

Thanks Spud :lol: - well you cheered me up anyway - my lot is obviously not half as bad as yours. Cat puke just doesn't bear thinking about.... :shock:

Cheers,
Martin.

Rather sad that most of us get better service from places like Lee Valley, Woodcraft, Coastal Tools etc that are 3,000 Mls away on another continent than some place 100 miles up the M1. Exceedingly useless customer care.......

Rgds

Noel

I ordered a hand made plane from Australia (HNT Gordon)-Terry emailed me the price and that it would arrive from Australia to my door in seven days. Seven days later it turned up-as promised. It is the highlight of my workshop!
Now why can't tool companies that are "local" (compared to Australia) deliver on time? Or at all........
Use the power of the Internet to cut out the (normally useless) middleman....
regards,
Philly :D

Aragorn":2hlk64g7 said:
Perhaps if we all stopped ordering from them...?
A policy I've been rigorously pursuing for 18 months now. :roll: Obviously they haven't discovered our little corner of the 'net to see just how much they tick off their customers. Unless... maybe they have and they don't care... :evil:

As for Axminster; they do vary quite a bit during the year, but about now is easily the worse time 'cos of the new catalogue. And around the time of the show. And Christmas. And when each new review comes out... :lol:

So Simon, something you want to tell me then? :p

Cheers, Alf

i have to say that some of the service i have received from rutlands could have been better.

it really makes little sense why they dont improve it

i guess in a generally expanding market they do not feel the obvious loss of business their slapdash service encourages :shock:

i have just received a part order from axminster and was charged carriage although the complete order was supposed to be carriage free.

i rang the c/s and they have refunded the carriage costs.

i have been pretty lucky with orders from axminster

D+M Tools are, from what experience I have had with them; at the opposite end of the spectrum, in comparison to Rutland’s.

I only have a few more items to get from Rutland’s that I cannot source from elsewhere. Then I am ridding myself of them.

Spud":3c6bniob said:
D+M Tools are, from what experience I have had with them; at the opposite end of the spectrum, in comparison to Rutland’s.

I only have a few more items to get from Rutland’s that I cannot source from elsewhere. Then I am ridding myself of them.

Hope you're right Spud - I've just ordered a Scheppach 2500 from them :D Actually Adam echoed your views on another thread, so I'm hopefull they'll not let me down like certain other suppliers...

P.S. Apologies for the drive-by gloat...couldn't help myself :oops:

Bean":22yuwh73 said:
Rutlands are so haphazzard and *&*%$ Frustrating.
I have suffered the same as you guys and vowed never to touch them again. Yet I did two weeks ago and I specifically asked them to deliver on a tuesday as I would be at home..............Suprise Surprise they did :shock:

Axminster are the bain of my life at the mo, the goods ordered last week are still not here, they tell me that they have dispatched, but still no show

Bean

Bean

What goods????

I know of no goods!!! Are they worth gloating over :)

Back