Rutlands

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well twelve days now and still no sign of anything. I have rung them up again and it was supposed to have arrived today, which it didn't. In the past when I have rung them they always spew their favourite one-liner 'It will definately be with you tomorrow'

I'm getting sick of their skull-duggery and lies, really starting to drag me down.

Tony
Only a few shapening bits, new waterstone, still cannot bear to part with money for a motorised one.

Got a newish hand plane though, and it was FREE FREE FREE :D :D :D

It appears in another post as I would like to date it. he he

bean

Well, I managed to source all the bits I needed elsewhere in the end. If only they were as quick to refund my card as they were to take it in the first place :evil:.

Very impressed with D&M - smallish order arrived within 2 working days (ordered on Sunday night), and their handling of the TS2500 has (so far) been top notch - they processed the order on the morning they first saw it (I assume they don't work Sundays!) and customer service thereafter has been very good (telephone problems accepted, but I don't think that's D&M's fault really).

Edit: I should really also give praise to Axminster - 2 orders placed over the weekend arrived today (i.e. within 2 working days).

Hi all,

This is my first posting so why not start with some good news with an otherwise sore subject. :? I placed an order with Rutlands on Friday 10th September, the chap explained there would be a delay of about 10 days as NMA were awaiting new stock, and he ensured me they would call ahead before delivering the HMS260ci, he also explained they would be moving over the weekend and as a result he may not reply to my email quickly.

On Friday, we got a call from the carrier, my nice new thickness planner will be delivered on Monday. So that's not too bad, 14 calender days or 10 working days.

So I am happy with my first ever purchase from Rutlands :D

Welcome from John to DemiFrog.
Parley vous Anglais?

Do you find woodworking tools cost less in the U.K. ?

I have often thought that I might be able to purchase tools on the continent more cheaply.

Your comments appreciated.

Ahoy there, DemiFrog. Welcome aboard.

Those scurvvy dogs managed to get me first booty from 'em right too... Would one of you jolly jacks pour me another tot? I'm about to get the blue devils about me second order again... :cry:

Avast*, Alf

*The first matey to ask "a vast what" gets on the wrong end of a plank (choice of timbers available)...

<This message was posted on International Talk Like a Pirate Day. I'm sorry. Really I am>

Hi John,

Je parle Français avec un petit accent Anglais, goes down well with the ladies.. :D

DIY is growing fast here in France, but the UK is well ahead. As for prices... some stuff is cheaper, others not so. Tools and ways of doing things are not the same either. Example, houses here tend to be built out of breeze block, as against red brick & plywood…. Most floors are either tiled or parquet, thus the tools are adapted to the appropriate requirements. However this also means the materials are different thus the choices are quite often better, my parents quite often buy decorative products here because they can’t find that “thing /style” they want in the UK, saying this BnQ have been getting better (may have something to do with them buying Castorama and But).

Its the same in other areas of "DIY", it's very rare to carry-out your own car repairs here, probably because you can't get the stuff to do it, no Halfords here :( . Even some garden tools are different.

The big difference comes with choice, availability and price with respect to Woodworking power tools and accessories. You are looking at a 20% difference in price, I called the local Scheppach supplier in France about the HMS260ci, his reply was, “buy it in the UK as it will be cheaper” :shock: . I visited the Jet, EB, DW and Kity suppliers, none of them could compete with the UK prices. Hence I purchase my goods in the UK and get them delivered to my parents’ home. Either they bring them over when they visit or I take them back when visit the UK. This adds a small delay, but the saving is well worth it. :)

Germany: With the items I looked at EB and Gardena, Germany has prices that are comparable with the UK; however I normally have a car full of kids wife and accessories when I travel there, and would find it difficult adding a table saw or accessories for the return trip.

Mike

Ah Oui those French ladies....... :D Getting slighly off subject here :oops:.

Well it arrived, all 136Kg of it; and as luck would have it I have to visit the UK this week, so I'll have it in France for the weekend, just need to find a way of getting it out of the car and sneaking it to the garage without the wife seeing it :wink:

DemiFrog":t85wgwov said:
Well it arrived, all 136Kg of it; and as luck would have it I have to visit the UK this week, so I'll have it in France for the weekend, just need to find a way of getting it out of the car and sneaking it to the garage without the wife seeing it :wink:

Wow - that must be quite a car you have - or is it an estate? As a point of reference, I ordered mine (TS2500 that is) from D&M on Sun 12 Sept, and it's being delivered tomorrow. According to D&M, NMA have had staff shortages this week, hence the delay in getting it out. He said they normally ship in 3-5 days from the date the order is processed.

Can't wait :D

Wow - that must be quite a car you have - or is it an estate?
It's an Estate, and it will fit in the back crate and all.

I ordered mine (TS2500 that is) from D&M on Sun 12 Sept, and it's being delivered tomorrow
Very nice and a good choice; I hope you have lot's of fun unpacking it, then running it up, I know I will :)

Back