Rutlands Sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnjin

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All
Rutlands have an internet sale on until the 16 of October. Savings of up to about 60% on some things. I just saved 60 quid on router cutters.
All the best
John

Hi John,

I would be interested to hear what you think of the router cutters - I've been considering getting the Tornado roundover set for a while, but I have no idea how they are quality-wise.

Cheers,
Neil

Hi Neil
One of the sets I bought is the Round Over set. Unfortunately you would have to wait until Christmas for my feelings on them. My wife intends to confiscate them until Christmas Day. The blurb sounded so good that I couldn't ignore these and with the extra discount at the moment I just had to go for them. Still I will write a report on them when I finally get my hands on them.
All the best
John

johnjin":2c62l0bq said:
My wife intends to confiscate them until Christmas Day
:lol: :lol: :lol: Thats going to be a long wait, John!

No problem, I doubt I would be buying them before the January sale anyway... :roll:

Cheers,
Neil

Neil, i have 4 different Tornado sets and the round over set being one of them. They are very good and are certainly worth £29.95.

Regards

Woody

Thanks, Woody - I'll put them on the shopping list :)

Cheers,
Neil

Here are a few technical facts about Tornado router cutters

Tornado router cutters are designed in anti kickback style in accordance with DIN EN847-1. It is now illegal in Germany to purchase router cutters unless they comply to this strict safety standard.

Tornado cutters have been tested to the highest of regulations and are quality approved by the HGB test house in Germany to BG-TEST202-001 and BG-TEST202-002.

Tornado cutters feature 10 to 15 degree sheer angles meaning that the tungsten cutting edges remain in continuous contact with the workpiece to provide softer, chatter free routing.

They also feature a right hook angle for super fast removal of swarf.

To avoid breakage the bodies of the cutters are precision turned from a special alloy tool steel to ensure a perfectly balanced tool.

Hope this has not bored you but these are the facts.

Hi Mark

Welcome to the forum.

MARK T":1ow8dxxh said:
Here are a few technical facts about Tornado router cutters

Tornado router cutters are designed in anti kickback style in accordance with DIN EN847-1. It is now illegal in Germany to purchase router cutters unless they comply to this strict safety standard.

Tornado cutters have been tested to the highest of regulations and are quality approved by the HGB test house in Germany to BG-TEST202-001 and BG-TEST202-002.

Tornado cutters feature 10 to 15 degree sheer angles meaning that the tungsten cutting edges remain in continuous contact with the workpiece to provide softer, chatter free routing.

They also feature a right hook angle for super fast removal of swarf.

To avoid breakage the bodies of the cutters are precision turned from a special alloy tool steel to ensure a perfectly balanced tool.

Hope this has not bored you but these are the facts.

Thank you for the post.

I think it would be helpful if you added a tag line so that everybody knows that you are a representative of Rutlands. :wink:

Cheers
Neil

I just bought myself two of the Dakota straight edge guides. I have been after some for ages but they were a bit pricy, at £18.95 each for the 50" versions they are a steal. :D

Ouch, bad idea reading this thread!
Just ordered the roundover set and box joint cutter and kitchen door set.
Hope they are good?
Regards
Martin
PS (I'm back, booters beware!! :) :)

The kitchen door set is great for wardrobe doors paneling and believe it or not kitchen doors :eek: My set has paid for itself over and over again .

Latest posts

Back