Reaction score
Same deal was only £125 in their January sale, though :p :lol:
Cheers,
Neil

cambournepete

Established Member
Reaction score
It's hard to argue with that.

I tried it round at Andrew M's on Saturday along with the trend vac (thanks again Andrew :)) and it is indeed an excellent sander giving a really good finish (even with 120 grit paper) and little vibration. Both are pretty quiet too.

tombo

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought this sander last year with the clamps, the sander is great but i'm not getting on with the clamps at all :( Any glue on the rails and they jam its a real pain in ass. Real k-bodys' are just so much better.

Also the email i got from rutlands says its a 50% off sale, try as i might ive yet to find an item with that level of saving am i missing a bargain?

Tom

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Put paste wax on the rails.

Noel

tombo

Established Member
Reaction score
noel,

i'm sure your idea will work, but there are just so many little drops of glue on them and its difficult to get off. The k-bodys just dont seem to be affected in the same way, but i think i will wax them just in case. What wax would you recommend?

Also after a quick browse of the bessey site i discovered a couple of variations that are new to me, look useful for those awkward clamping situations

http://www.besseyclamps.com/products/wo ... Clamps.php

and

http://www.besseyclamps.com/products/wo ... eClamp.php

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Tombo, any wax finish (eg Beeswax) will do. To be honest I've never had a problem with regular yellow glue. Once it cures it comes off with a quick flick with a thumb nail. However not sure about poly glues. If your rails are covered in the stuff, chuck a brass (or even steel) brush in the drill and give it a good going over.

Noel

Latest posts