Rutlands P/T

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomaskennedy

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all,
i was browsing through there website and came across this . It looks sturdy, with cast iron here and there, and the best part, the price! 'tis quite cheap and i am now stuck between the Perfrom P/T and this one.

anyone like to share their thoughts? :p

Tom

ps. i think the rutlands one is better but then again i am only young :?

Thomas

After about 4-5 uyears of playing with wood I finally bought the SIP P/T which is the same as the perform. Both are rip-offs of Elektra.

I love it. Only problem so far is a worn rubber feed roller which has been replaced under warranty with no hassle at all.

I use is every week on Ash, Oak, Mahogany and Pine and am still on the first set of blades after about 8 months

To get the best from it, wax the thicknesser bed.

I have to say that I see no reason at all to go for the more expensive model unless you are using it every day to earn a living. Save the money for some wood!!!!

Hope this helps

Cheers

Tony

:lol: thanks for the advice, i just thought that a "cheaper" model may have been poor quality, because i usually go for price over performance, which is a little stupid.

but if you say that the Perform+SIP P/T's are good then hey, i might just get one of those :p

so, i guess all i need to think about now is a bandsaw :?

i'm thinking about the perform one @ around £200, or the cheaper APTC one at around £150.

Thakns for the advice Tony and Spud!!

Tom

Latest posts

Back