Rutlands going green?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My last order from Rutlands (who these days never seem to have what I want actually in stock!) came in recycled packaging.

I'm, also impressed with Axminster on that subject too: they've changed their boxes to the 'clamshell' with a lid fitting over a bottom part. It makes it much easier to 'recycle' them into useful storage afterwards.

Incidentally, aren't most cardboard boxes already recycled paper, anyway?

E.

This is so funny that you've posted this today. Its something I've been thinking about this exact thing for my Cyclone kits. Were shipping a fair few now, and the boxes are fairly large, for the big one around a meter square by 100mm deep, and they include foam packaging blocks now as well.

I was thinking that its a shame they are thrown away but how do I recover them from the customer, I was thinking of finding out about pre-paid postage that is only charged on usage or encouraging people to return the boxes by their own means and refunding them the cost of postage?

Well they got it right today. No switch for 6-8 weeks so there sending a new machine out. Guy explained that the first 2 would have been lifted from a machine thats been returned. No excuse but hay its sorted in Axminsters normal great customer service today!!

Back