Rutlands clamp sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve66

Established Member
Reaction score
Rutlands are selling various clamps,ordered clamps two days ago delivered today, seems reasonble good quality 54"sash clamps, clamped across bench and not much movement in the bar, I beam pressure clamps also look good and sure they'll come in handy

I took a look earlier, as I also needed a flush cutting saw. I put a couple of clamps in the basket ready to purchase and there was no delivery charge - fantastic. I then put a saw into the basket and a delivery charge on the order appeared. So even though the items would probably be picked and packaged together, it would only be free delivery on the clamps. Didn't bother in the end, and ordered a saw from another site.

If you go through the clamp sale link on the home page (one of the revolving offers), it shows you which ones are discounted. Going to the normal "clamps and vices" section doesnt

Yesterday was clamp sale at Rutlands. I hesitated too much, and this morning, the prices went up.
Damn procrastination!

I've just unsubscribed from Rutlands' newsletter, finally.

I'm fed up with being duped into thinking something's good value then finding either there's extortionate shipping, or as above, adding something else changes the numbers. If they don't want to sell straightforwardly, they aren't worth my time any more.

Frankly, as a professional marketer I cannot understand why they think this is a sensible way to do marketing. Do they want annoyed customers? Often the difference in price between one of their 'offers' and someone else's standard price is negligible, and anyway, the offers mainly vary between pointless and utterly absurd (remember the xylophone kit?).

And only a week or so ago they were selling roller stands again on 'special offer' made of '1" box-section steel'. Well they got me with those last time - flimsy, wobbly and the welding is so rough the rollers aren't square to anything, as far as I can tell. I've been meaning to grind the brackets off and do them again myself - at least they'd be square then and probably stronger! I simply don't believe the reviews either. The ones I have wouldn't last a day on-site, whether they 'fold up for the van' or not.

Rutlands, I very much doubt you read this, but why not try just selling decent stuff at a consistent, sensible price instead? You don't have to be the cheapest (that's a silly reason to purchase tools, anyway), just consistently good in the quality of what you sell (OK, that could be tricky, too) and the service you offer.

Meanwhile, you have competitors. I shall use them. Over and out.

E.

Back