Rutlands....argh!!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now they're up again and I can - out of curiosity - compare the price of the replacement blade I bought from WH over the weekend... am I missing something, or do Rutlands sell lots of Japanese saws with replaceable blades, and no actual replacement blades?

I have the vague memory that I bought my Gyokucho dozuki from them in the first place, they sell the saw, but I don't see any blades for it at all!

(Not that I'm unhappy to shop at WH, of course, I think I'd rather give them my money.)

deserter":34dynexn said:
Workshop Heaven and Classic Handtools easily keep up with Axminster if not better

Thanks for the recommendation, I must admit I haven't used either, just going to have a look at their respective web sites, I feel a need to order more tools :lol:

I have had good experience of top service from Axminster, Workshop Heaven and Rutlands. I think that the unfortunate problem here appears to be that with bigger organisations like Axminster and Rutlands if you get the wrong person on the phone when you have an issue with an order you can end up with a completely different impression of the firm and result than the next person to call them. A small company cannot afford to let this happen so you will always feel understood and well taken care of by WH. The power of this forum is that people from these companies read these opinions and responses and the smart ones adapt and improve.

We know Axminster do check the site, however Rutlands don't seem to. I must say that although I will buy from both (and WSH as well), I put Axminster into a completely different league than Rutlands on both a website and customer service level.

(Collecting business cards from all the top people at Ax when I was there didn't hurt either ;-) )

Having some problems with Rutland currently, to the extent that I contacted a consumer rights helpline who informed me that what they were doing was illegal, so furnished with this information I called them back to be told that the information I had received was not correct and there was still nothing I can do! The .gov solicitor I spoke to must have got his wires crossed apparently.

I have found out some shocking lengths that rutlands will go to to avoid giving a refund. Unbelievable, I was gobsmacked.

wcndave":l8xs6ex5 said:
We know Axminster do check the site, however Rutlands don't seem to. I must say that although I will buy from both (and WSH as well), I put Axminster into a completely different league than Rutlands on both a website and customer service level.

A good few years ago, when we did one of the supplier reviews, I contacted the MD of Rutlands and asked him if he would like to respond to the problems that people had raised with their poor customer service. I'm still waiting for a reply!

Thanks,
Neil

Back