Rutlands 15 percent off sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seemed to me they had just put prices up 15%, last week 1/4 inch trend router £69.95, this week £79.95 less 15% = £69.52.

they're also spamming me with emails everyday. Trouble at mill me thinks.

Hmmm, I've been toying with the idea of a Fein Multimaster kit for a while and thought great, but it's now at £175 pre-discount whereas recently I'm pretty sure it was £150 ish, so perhaps not such a good deal now !

Although to be fair, D&M and Axminster have it at £175 too...... :-k

Cheers, Paul :D

Dunno the 15% off worked on the on sale pen kit that was mentioned here a few weeks ago. That's £25.46 for a delux pen kit delivered. Pretty good IMO.
JD

Doctor":3adq8dz0 said:
Seemed to me they had just put prices up 15%, last week 1/4 inch trend router £69.95, this week £79.95 less 15% = £69.52.

Seems to be the latest gimmick. BnPoo did the same thing recently, that was on top of their great 'Double the price with 50% off' so called sale. Do they really think were that dumb? :roll:

studders":2wl4qkdg said:
Doctor":2wl4qkdg said:

Seems to be the latest gimmick. BnPoo did the same thing recently, that was on top of their great 'Double the price with 50% off' so called sale. Do they really think were that dumb? :roll:

YES! I'm convinced retailers exploit the dumb.

At the supermarket I shop at it is the norm to find the larger pack of something to be more expensive per unit weight.
Jammie dodger biscuits are twice as expensive per biscuit in a double sized pack.
Sometimes the "buy two for £x" offers are dearer than the singles.

Retailers are out to exploit the impulse buyer in every way they can think of.

Bob

9fingers":2stosbhu said:

At the supermarket I shop at it is the norm to find the larger pack of something to be more expensive per unit weight.
Jammie dodger biscuits are twice as expensive per biscuit in a double sized pack.

Bob

I agree - I was shopping the other day and needed tinned tomatoes. Automatically I picked up a 4pack of Napolina. Then looked at the price - £3.96. Directly below were the same tins, but singly. £0.49 each. So how does that work - to buy a pack of four works out a whole £2 (or more than 100%) more expensive.

Cheers

Karl

buy the home brand they taste exactly the same. I've done the pepsi challenge

I had this email through also. Took one look at it and deleted it straight away after my previous dealing with Rutlands, I don't trust them !
I did however look straight at the Fein Multimaster kit like PaulM did. Indeed, I too thought it was around the £150 mark.

I know a great way to attract customers, lets put all our prices up by 15%, then offer them a 15% discount on everything they buy. Some
retailers must think us customers are stupid and without memorys or common sence !

paulm":2tv3irpu said:
Hmmm, I've been toying with the idea of a Fein Multimaster kit for a while and thought great, but it's now at £175 pre-discount whereas recently I'm pretty sure it was £150 ish, so perhaps not such a good deal now !

Although to be fair, D&M and Axminster have it at £175 too...... :-k

Axminster have just reduced the Bosch one to £20 below list... I've only had mine for a couple of weeks and a couple of cuts but it seems to do exactly the same as the Fein. OK, so it's Green but it's only going to get occasional use in my case so will probably last for years.

The Bosch tool is just as good as the fein - have both and the blades are interchangeable - paying for name and the nice fancy case.

Karl":274n7r89 said:
I agree - I was shopping the other day and needed tinned tomatoes. Automatically I picked up a 4pack of Napolina. Then looked at the price - £3.96. Directly below were the same tins, but singly. £0.49 each. So how does that work - to buy a pack of four works out a whole £2 (or more than 100%) more expensive.

Cheers

Karl

You buy Napolina tinned tomatoes?? :shock: :shock:

You're obviously earning too much! :lol:

The cheapo own brand jobbies are just as good IMO for stuff such as pasta sauce or spag bog.

ColG":274n7r89 said:
The Bosch tool is just as good as the fein - have both and the blades are interchangeable - paying for name and the nice fancy case.

That does it - I'm going to buy the Bosch. My Multimaster is the old type with the allen key blade change and it is driving me nuts working loose all the time.

Cheers
Brad

Think I'll get the Bosch Allrounder too, can't really justify paying three times the price for the Fein even if it is trade rated. Can always chuck the Bosch if it burns out early and get another at that price !

Karl":o9ogak5d said:
9fingers":o9ogak5d said:

Bob

Cheers

Karl

a friend was in the supermarket, he would always buy 3 onions in one packet for £1, next time he bought 3 single onions put in a bag and they were 56p, 44 pence more for the idle.

What like the labels might be upside down ? ;)

I did hear that the Fein copyright on their design has now lapsed, so other manufacturers are entering the market with their own, cheaper versions. How true that is, I don't know, but it might explain why Bosch alternatives are so competitive.

Gill

PS You could buy a tin of tomatoes for 14p in our local Asda only eighteen months ago :( .

Back