Rutland G clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Triggaaar":2hlp5t1g said:
But what about the iron G clamps? Are they that difficult to get right?

No comment on the Rutlands ones in particular 'cause I've not tried them, but I've had cheap "drop-forged" stuff in the past that's been pretty brittle, and a clamp is obviously going to be under a fair amount of stress most of its working life.

That said, I have some cheapo Silverline G-clamps which I originally bought for the low-stress work of holding things down to tables and they can exert as much clamping pressure as I can turn on the screw without breaking.

i was wondering the same thing about these clamps, its a good price... my finger is hovering over the button to buy these & the 6 Sash clamps.... wonder how many more beers i will need before i commit (hammer) (hammer) (hammer)

giantbeat":2d6yaevi said:
i was wondering the same thing about these clamps, its a good price... my finger is hovering over the button to buy these & the 6 Sash clamps.... wonder how many more beers i will need before i commit (hammer) (hammer) (hammer)
From asking and searching on this, you're better off with Axminster sash cramps.

Triggaaar":pbp0nmrg said:
giantbeat":pbp0nmrg said:
From asking and searching on this, you're better off with Axminster sash cramps.

well thats good, i just pulled the trigger on the 10 G Clamps & left the Sash

:lol:

did you find the g clamps to be any good
i see they are doing 10 g clamps and 6 sash clamps for 100

are they worth a punt?

the G clamps are fine, currently working in my lost & working on converting my cellar into a workshop & all 10 have been in use on and off the whole time, just as good as the old clamps i have at my workshop which are old record ones.

Back