Rusty's workshop: from empty room to dream workshop (will be pic heavy)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your plan looks a lot more pleasant to work in than mine, but its the best i can do. Im already way beyond the point where new machines are not considered on price, but the amount of space they take up!

Small tools like bobbin sander, router table, varga saw, small bandsaw will have to be kept on my shelves.

Im really posting to sympathise. Space is the real problem.

View attachment 119335

ps. my larger kit (the stuff in the middle) is on all on wheels, so can be shuffled about.
Seems practical - but how do you get in ?

Seems practical - but how do you get in ?

CNC machine is moving table design. Partially overlaps doorway when running. When parked table does not obscure doorway.

Rapidor is in front of large door on other side, but will have small door cut into large door. So rapidor will need to move to get large door fully open, but no movement needed just to walk through.

Workshop is on boundary, so need to be able to walk through to get access to bins etc out the back.

Was it a genuine question? Did you think I'd overlooked the requirement for a doorway?

....besides, do you really think I'd be leaving wall space clear if I didn't have to? I mean I could fit another machine in those gaps!

: )

Morning guys.

Thanks for all the advice so far, sorry ive not been active for a week, i got the keys to my new workshop over a week ago and dived straight in with prep work 😅

So this was my workshop on day 1:
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

for me its a very nice blank canvas to work with.

I'm going to go back to sketch up and redesign, my layout with all the advice taken on board.

Now you can see what I'm working with i would also be keen yo hear any other advice.

So prep work has been done and now my workshop looks like this, ready for counters/workbenches to be built :)

2.jpg
3.jpg
1.jpg

So far i have painted the walls, installed some insulation to help keep it warm, my temporary power for a few months is an 8500w petrol generator. i have also installed flooring on the rafters to create over head storage and to help keep the warmth in during winter. installed some led battens, 4 in total, and laid some anti fatigue rubber flooring which is how I've left the workshop now for a few days to allow the rubber floor to settle before cutting in nicely and securing down.

So yeah its back to SketchUp to work on my layout, i have decided to put a dust extractor down stairs as there is room for it there, so my next job will be ducting and plug sockets once i have a solid layout plan in place.

First of all, Jealous! What a lovely space.
You don't have space for a bench along the stair well, but a great place to hang tracks and long levels...

I think you can definitely put a couple of couches and the PC work station at the end of the room with natural light from the window.

Best of luck!

Back