Rusty Tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been really pleased with citrate.
Sure it's slow, but it's not noxious and can be poured down the drain afterwards, seems to do a comprehensive job, and doesn't eat away anything but the rust.

I haven't tried adding salt, but seems lots of people do. I use 2-3 tablespoons citrate/litre. Degrease the parts well before, and a wipe with meths then oil after.

Deadeye":ws8xsvia said:
I've been really pleased with citrate.
Sure it's slow, but it's not noxious and can be poured down the drain afterwards, seems to do a comprehensive job, and doesn't eat away anything but the rust.
I haven't tried adding salt, but seems lots of people do. I use 2-3 tablespoons citrate/litre. Degrease the parts well before, and a wipe with meths then oil after.

New signature Deadeye? Like it!
'To addeth a drop of fairy liquid thereupon easeth off all manner of surface liquid tensions, in the same manner that standing in the kitchen at parties maketh conversing easier'
Socrates.

Despite the doubters, I also after treat with water/bicarb and heat dry (oven /rothenberg) then oil/protect. Never had flashrust while doing so.
As they say. They Proof is in the puddin'.
Or more specifically...

حلوای تن تنانی تا نخوری ندانی
Rumi. (1207–1273) Persia

Go on then... Google it. :wink:

Back