Rustic bowl: Just for Boysie

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodrighy

Established Member
Reaction score
The bowl is unknown spalted and very wormy wood and the plinth is oak. bowl is 10" diameter plinth is 12" high

Attachments

• rustic bowl on oak plinth 2.JPG
    rustic bowl on oak plinth 2.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 1,952
  • rustic bowl on oak plinth.JPG
    rustic bowl on oak plinth.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,943
Don't know about Rustic, the whole assembly looks suspiciously like Arty to me, don't say we are going to have to subscribe to be allowed to communicate with these higher plains in future.

CHJ":rscbwmfs said:
Don't know about Rustic, the whole assembly looks suspiciously like Arty to me, don't say we are going to have to subscribe to be allowed to communicate with these higher plains in future.

It has rot, worm holes right through in places, saw marks, broken edges etc what more do you want Chas LOL. Long way to go before I get 'arty'

Pete

Well is someone can stick half an animal in a glass case or just pile up some bricks and call it art Im sure you can call your bowl art

woodyturner":3u15zx7s said:
Well is someone can stick half an animal in a glass case or just pile up some bricks and call it art Im sure you can call your bowl art

Of course you should call it art. Apparently, the idea is that 'artists' should be supported by the state as they live in too rarified an atmosphere to have to be bothered with actually 'earning' a living.

Sounds good to me. How do I join?

Bodrighy":2htbnixa said:
CHJ":2htbnixa said:

It has rot, worm holes right through in places, saw marks, broken edges etc what more do you want Chas LOL. Long way to go before I get 'arty'

Pete

Jaysus Pete , you are the first person to describe me as I am =D> 8) Arty I could live with .Clair is over the moon ,now she said will you believe me .Well says I arty is a good description . Not that says she it's the rot ,worm holes ,saw marks ,broken edges ,etc. which fit you to a tee . So thank you Pete Bodrighy. :evil: 8) 8) :lol:

I think it's the most handsome of bowls I have seen in a long while , Rugged and strong and classy looking . :roll: :shock: With not a sign of any glue in sight .
Only a true Rustic artist could get away with this one. Thanks for the really nice thought behind it .

I like the bowl very much - good shape and nice & chunky. My test for whether a bowl is functional or arty is whether it will hold soup or not. If not, it's art :)

tekno.mage":3la316gv said:
I like the bowl very much - good shape and nice & chunky. My test for whether a bowl is functional or arty is whether it will hold soup or not. If not, it's art :)
In that case it is definitely art. It has several holes right through it.

Pete

Back