Rust attack

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippymart

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried those rust inhibitor capsules that Rutlands are selling? Went to get my Festool router and bits out off my van and to my horror there's rust on them. They seem a bit pricey for two
Any thoughts guys :D

Save up any dessicant packets you find, dry them in a low oven and put them in the box with anything steel. Cheaper but probably the same thing.

Aidan

TheTiddles":2cpcqp1v said:
Save up any dessicant packets you find, dry them in a low oven and put them in the box with anything steel. Cheaper but probably the same thing.

Aidan
As far as I know, these rust inhibitors are not the same as dessicants. They work on some other principle.
I have some that I bought from Workshop Heaven, IIRC. I'll have a look....

http://www.workshopheaven.com/tools/Shield_Technology_ToolGuard_VCI_ten_pots.html

Not sure if these are cheaper or better or both, but alternatives are usually a good thing.

John

Thanks guys

Those ones from tool heaven are a bit cheaper, only difference they last a year and the zerust ones last two years.

TheTiddles":10949ean said:

Aidan
...or try it with a few grains of rice. I keep all my (wooden) biscuits in old sealed coffee jars with a scant handful of rice grains lobbed into the bottom - Rob

I know it's a bit late now, but taking tools out of vans at night is the best rust inhibitor I know of, especially in Autumn/Winter time .

Back