Rugby World Cup 2023

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

francovendee

Established Member
Reaction score
The tickets went on sale midday yesterday. I'd signed up some weeks before and had an email to let me know. The tickets on sale needed a Mastercard for payment. For other cards the sale would start on the 18th.
I spent all day trying to buy tickets. Each time put in a queue only for the site to 'bomb' out.
I tried again this morning and things looked more promising. Alas no, after finally getting to the site a message now tells me all the Mastercard allocation has been sold and to try again on the 18th.
There is obviously a huge demand but what do you need to get a ticket, just luck?
Sorry to have a rant on a woodwork forum but I'm a bit pi**ed off.

Or the cash to buy an all inclusive tour. A friend asked me in 2016 if my sister could get him tickets for the Lions tour in NZ in 2017 - she couldn't, despite my b.i.l being an ex playing member of North Shore (Auckland) rugby club. The tickets go were the money is.

Sadly I believe with events like this people write a computer program that can quickly run through the buttons and enter the card details within a few seconds, beating most humans to it. They then resell the tickets somewhere else. Its a common problem at the moment.

I believe the solution would be to let people into a random draw, then the "release" time is not so crucial.

When the Lions warm up game against Japan at Murrayfield went on sale, 3 of us on 5 devices all tried to get tickets. We did manage to get 4 top price (£160ish each) on one device, but the other 4 (and we all logged on simultaneously) got a sold out message.

The tickets went on sale midday yesterday. I'd signed up some weeks before and had an email to let me know. The tickets on sale needed a Mastercard for payment. For other cards the sale would start on the 18th.
I spent all day trying to buy tickets. Each time put in a queue only for the site to 'bomb' out.
I tried again this morning and things looked more promising. Alas no, after finally getting to the site a message now tells me all the Mastercard allocation has been sold and to try again on the 18th.
There is obviously a huge demand but what do you need to get a ticket, just luck?

I actually got as far as selecting the packs I wanted. Went to checkout and it kept saying there's an error with the shopping cart.
I heard of a couple of others who got to the payment details, then it errored.

Terrible website, so badly designed and constructed.

They don't care as long as the tickets sell out. Many will have gone to organised gangs using software to bypass the waiting room.

It should have been a ballot.

probably better posted on a Rugby forum??

I actually got as far as selecting the packs I wanted. Went to checkout and it kept saying there's an error with the shopping cart.
I heard of a couple of others who got to the payment details, then it errored.

Terrible website, so badly designed and constructed.

They don't care as long as the tickets sell out. Many will have gone to organised gangs using software to bypass the waiting room.

It should have been a ballot.
Agree, although I will apply on the 18th and see what's left.

Latest posts

Back