Rubber feet got chopping board

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo60

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone send me a link to some good feet please. All the reviews of the ones on Amazon I’ve seen are saying hard rubber/plastic?

You are presumably going to wash / scrub this down, scape and maybe oil it frequently. Am I missing something or would it not be easier to keep clean if left as a simple board without feet creating traps for contaminants ?
This thought is coming from the perspective of plain plastic cutting sheets that work fine. Anything more complex seems to be harder to keep clean. I will agree that my mother's old wooden chopping board lasted decades longer than any plastic one I've owned so no complaint with wooden boards.

My dad was a chef, we do a LOT of cooking in our house & have a good few nice wooden chopping boards. First thing I do when we get a new board if it's got feet on it is take them off !! They're useless

After trying many types, these are the ones I use. Don’t forget to use ss screws. The white ones are non marking btw.

https://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/product/rubber-seat-buffer-19-x-10mm-white-pack-of-4-220974
Them there ones are the type we used to use on wooden toilet seats & lids!

For our chopping boards we use non-slip rubber grip fabric cloth which I used to use on the boat to prevent the plates/bowls, etc sliding off the table in a good heavy swell. Comparison for 'sew-select 10cm X 60cm of Rubber Grip Fabric Cloth - Non Slip Thin Material Anti Slip' for sale online | eBay

Yes, luckily they are available unused. They are exactly the same as the “premium” ones sold for board feet in Murca. Years ago I imported a batch of those and hunted around for a UK equivalent as they are fairly expensive. They are EXACTLY the same.

My preference is use without feet. My hardwood bread cutting board is flipped over periodically so feet would not work with that. We use a bit of that cheap non-slip mesh under it to prevent it sliding around.

I found an old wide rubber seal that would usually be installed in the waste outlet of a sink. I sharpened the end of a copper pipe on the grinder and cut 4 nice circles out of it. Works fantastic really grippy

I've never understood why some chopping boards come with feet. I defeats the purpose of having two sides. I mark one side 'smelly' for cutting onions, garlic, etc.
I always use a different board for meat.

I've never understood why some chopping boards come with feet. I defeats the purpose of having two sides. I mark one side 'smelly' for cutting onions, garlic, etc.
I always use a different board for meat.
Saves the manufacturers from having to make a board flat enough to sit on a countertop, a bit of an indicator of an inferior product in my view

I bought some clear feet for charcuterie boards which were ok but didn’t have a built in washer which meant the screw can pull through so worth looking for ones with a built in S/S washer

The below link is to the feet i used on the below chopping board i made. Note that they have stainless steel washers and screws.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B097XN8...i_i_RWF1C1XBTGVDP3CGHFZK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
86D44CF3-5055-42D2-A1A2-EC6626512FA4.jpeg

ECC67C87-CBED-41C1-B547-2FC0FC1BBAB9.jpeg

Back