Royalty has its priviliges

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlimShavings

Established Member
Reaction score
Watching a public television program on windsor castle. It was about preparing for a state doins. Took like six months preparation. the Queen checked it all. There was a short thing on C branch. guess their the furniture guys. They showed one of Prince Phillips favorite tables. Mad out of some sort of ebony or cousin. Very nice table. it was black and brown streaked. Shined like a nickle in a ducks behind. Also showed how they set up the dining table for 140 people. All kinds of strings and such to make sure it was straight and level. Then some guy measured it out to make sure everybody got equal space. Curiously one guy talked about cleaning with vinegar and water and then putting something else to shine it. Everything was measured so that it was all perfect. Even the distance the chairs from the table. All the other "branches" were as meticulous as well" It does appear that nobody in that level of living does anything for themselve. Gotta be pretty spendy. But pretty impressive to a hillbilly :)

MONTY PYTHON is coming on next. guess its back :D :D :D :D

Well it turns out that Wed nights is going to be Brit night on Tv here. After the queen was on there was a hour long program on the fire bombing of London through several people lives. IT was about trying to save the cathedral. Nasty stuff that was. But it turns out that both programs and Monty are going to be on regular. Finally get a chance to see how ya'll live.

Martyn2
Youll have to explain your reply. I'm a little slow.:):) Bye the way Faulty Towers has come back on too. One of my favorites. So I'll be enjoying myself on wed nights. Now if Red Green and the Fat Ladies would come back on I'd be a happy man

ALf
I think it would be right nice to be able to get up in the morning and collect yourself like that before you go racing out the door. :) Good to see you back but enjoy your site too

Dave

SlimShavings":1jc4dski said:
Martyn2
Youll have to explain your reply. I'm a little slow.:):) Bye the way Faulty Towers has come back on too. One of my favorites. So I'll be enjoying myself on wed nights. Now if Red Green and the Fat Ladies would come back on I'd be a happy man
Dave

if you watch the monty python show you will see there is a clip about tin spam and a song :D sorry i,m a added fan possably just as crazy

martyn

Fawlty Towers - what a great programme!

If you are an avid viewer,you will notice the hotel name gets re-arranged for every episode (i.e. Fawlty Towers becomes Farty Towels,Flowery pineapples etc.)

And Monty Python - another classic show.You can find find the scripts for such classics as The Cheese Shop,The Lumberjack Song and The Spam Sketch on the internet,but it's not the same as watching them :cry:

Andrew :D

Back