Royal Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJM

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've just got my hands on a Royal 10" table saw. It's a familiar shape an style, very much like a host of saws available today. where it differs is the position of the motor, which looks like it sits out the back of the saw.
It came to me in bits, so I'm not entirely sure how the thing should be assembled; is anyone familiar with these saw or even the owner of one?

Cheers

My first TS was like that. The weight of the motor tensions the drive belt. So the plate on which it is mounted pivots on a bar to faacilitate this.
S

Yeah, that's the bit i figured, so thanks for confirming that. the bar on this one is seemingly much longer than needs be; is there a reason for this?

Cheers

Steve i think he may mean the spindle for the blade? If so i guess from the sounds of the saw in is a usa style contractor saw? So the longer spindle may allow the use of the dreaded finger eating dado blades. :twisted:

Hi

I've just seen one if these and wonder if they are worth it?

Particularly interested to know if they have induction motors?

If it's a stand alone belt drive motor is it more likely to be induction????

Cheers James

Hi

I've just seen one if these and wonder if they are worth it?

Particularly interested to know if they have induction motors?

If it's a stand alone belt drive motor is it more likely to be induction????

Cheers James

Worth what? How much ££?

I found it a solid machine, much more so than modern site saws. I actually cast a concrete table for mine to replace the sheet steel one.

it came with an induction motor, and I fitted a decent blade from cutting solutions. The cast body meant it was a much more solid structure than a plastic bodied site saw or even a sheet metal one.

So if the price is right, then they’re solid little saws, worthy of a little fettling and upgrading.

My Royal didn’t have a cast iron top. If that one does, it may be worth the trip.

Hi,

I've just got my hands on a Royal 10" table saw. It's a familiar shape an style, very much like a host of saws available today. where it differs is the position of the motor, which looks like it sits out the back of the saw.
It came to me in bits, so I'm not entirely sure how the thing should be assembled; is anyone familiar with these saw or even the owner of one?

Cheers
Hi, I've recently acquired the same model and can supply photos if you want.

I have one now!

I think the original manufacturer was Korean maker naerok who made them for royal, Axminster, delta etc.

Good saw. Mine has pressed steel extensions.

I have one now!

I think the original manufacturer was Korean maker naerok who made them for royal, Axminster, delta etc.

Good saw. Mine has pressed steel extensions.
Good afternoon,
I just started restoring one of these and I was wondering where I can get a replacement drive belt. Any advice regarding the restoration is appreciated. Thanks

Back