Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Routing with Template guides

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
template tom":c48pezdm said:
Is it possible to complete a project with the router using template guides onlty?
Is this a wind up? Aren't you Tom O Donnell - of Australian "I do everything with templates" fame? :lol: Including if I remember properly helping the visually impaired make furniture using said templates?

I think we know you can, although sometimes I find a bearing guided cutter is quicker.

I am however about to start a sofa with curved slats on the back, and think it might be the first opportunity for me to use a template for multiple repeat operations.

Adam

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Tom

I hope that you're feeling better.

As the undoubted King of router templates, you obviously believe in the school of thought that you should never ask a question unless you know the answer.

Seriously though, in answer to your question surely it's yes.

Cheers
Neil

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
For anyone who hasn't used guides, Tom's website (see link button on his posting) has lots of useful information. Well worth browsing for a few minutes.

Adam

A

Anonymous

template tom":3mx5l0y8 said:
Is it possible to complete a project with the router using template guides onlty?
Unfortunately no. It would be a nice thought but I'm afraid to say that it is virtually impossible to complete a project with just a router and template guide - how do you keep the sandpaper on the router?? :roll:

Great website Tom :wink: