Routerlathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paisawood

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Have just purchased (on impulse?) a half price Trend Routerlathe at the B&Q Trend sell-off and am wondering if anyone has any experience with using the beast.

I'm not a turner, but have often fancied the idea of producing round or even patterned legs and I reckoned that if it didn't work out I should be able to sell it for a small profit on Ebay.

Thanks for the help.

David

Hi David,

I do not know to much about the Trend routerlathe but at half price it is worth trying it out. The trouble is i have looked around the B&Q website but i cannot find any Trend tools at all. Did you go to B&Q in person?

I could do with one now as i am renewing my staircase and you can make a nice barley twist balistair with the Routerlathe, which is a lot better then paying £8 for each one.

Good luck with yours, i hope you like it.

Regards

Mike.C

Mike,

Thanks. Will see how I get on with it.

B&Q Warehouse seem to be clearing out all of their Trend router cutters and accessories (jigs guideclamps, biscuits etc.,) at half price at present but you need to visit to take up the offer.

Regards

David

HI David,

No chance then as my nearest B&Q is 50 miles away and i am not going to be able to get there at the moment.

Thanks for the info.

Regards

Mike.C

Hi David,

Have you looked on the Trend site? They often have reviews etc (and manuals which I guess you have). They also have the IN magazinewhich covered the Routerlathe one issue.

I have a large B&Q nearby but they have no Trend stuff apart from router bits. I would love to get my hands on some half price clamp guides! I would snap 'em up if I was you!

Will be interested to hear how you get on with the routerlathe - always looked an interesting product.

Cheers

Gidon

The B&Q warehouse at Reading has Trend items in stock (router bits, guide clamps, biscuits and templates etc.) but all appear to be at full prices.

At what stores are there reductions, and when did these start ?

Lee,

I read about the reduction on a different thread about 10 days ago and found the Routerlather and a number of cutters at one of the Bristol B&Q Warehouses yesterday. Don't know how long they had been on offer in Bristol but it might be worth ringing Customer Services at the Reading store and asking if they are likely to be discounting Trend andFreud products in the near future.

D

I can explain the B&Q half price offer. I am the Marketing Manager for Trend.

B&Q have a half price sale on their routing accessories. They are making way for a new line of Trend routing accessoires that will be available nationwide later this year.

The Reading branch is one of five trial store locations with the new range hence why there are now half price offers available.

The half price sale is only on for a limited period and while stocks last. Make the most of those reduced priced lathes, clamps and cutters.

Are any of the other 4 trial locations in this general area ? I would like to be able to see whether any of the other local B&Q warehouses have any offer items available, but don't want to waste time with another trial location.

The other trial store in Berkshire is Slough. Not all B&Q Warehouse have Trend accessoires for sale as they only stocked Freud.

Unfortunalty I do not have a list of which stores are currently selling off their Trend stock.

I posted about the cutters being reduced, last week, I did realise that most of the routing stuff was on the same half price offer, it's not well advertised in the Chelmsford warehouse. :eek:

I have been back there today, on the way back from over an hour in the dentists chair and I too am now the proud owner of a Trend Router Lathe. :D Just not sure how to tell the LOML :roll: I suppose I could try the look what i've made for you line :shock:

Hi you lucky gits.

I have phoned the stores mentioned to see if they would let me order by phone but they cannot do it. I also tried the B&Q website but they do not have the lathe for sale.

I just wished i knew someone down that way who i could pay to get me one, because apparently you can make some really nice things with it.

All the best with your lathes i hope you have some fun with your new toy.

Regards

Mike.C

I wondered about getting a routerlathe, and even looked at a video of one in action. Seemed OK but a very slow way of producing a turning, and very fiddly too. Ideal if you want/need to do twists and flutes, though
John

In reply to the store selling at reduced prices both Leicester and Loughborough are !, I have been busy stocking up on some cutters :D

Bean

The warehouse in Luton (Dallow Road) is also selling the router cutters at 1/2 price - I went along this morning, wanting to get some 1/2 price clamp guides; unfortunately, the cutters seem to be all that the Luton branch stock from Trend.

By the way, the Freud cutters sold at the Luton branch also seem much reduced.

My local B&Q in Craigavon, N. Ireland has masses of trend gear, cutters, lathes, guides, routers ...................but they don't know anything about any promotion

Latest posts

Back