Router Which one?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert B

Reaction score
Hi I have only been a member a week. ( its taken me this long to read the posts that have caught my eye) i am looking to buy a router to mount in a self made table, my concerns are the adjustment and raising and lowering of the machine, switching on & off and changing of the router bits. i will only have around £100 to spend. Any advice would be welcomed. Robert.

Ones I heard about being good for table mounting are the Trend T11 and Triton (not sure which model). Guessing they're both over your budget though 2nd hand might be an option?

TRA001 is the model of triton router. Yes there the two routers that will tick most of your requirement list. Having both routers and also having used both in a router table I prefer the Triton.

The Freud ft3000vce does so too, although now discontinued so would have to be secondhand, and may still be above budget.

Why not look at a different solution, particularly if you are yet to build the table. An NVR switch would handle the on/off issues http://toolstoday.co.uk/shop.php?sec=prod&prod=75283 (no idea if this supplier is good, bad or indifferent, but I think that you can just plug in the normal plug into the switch rather than remove it- handier if you need to use it hand held on occasions).

chippygeoff was exploring alternative options for having to reach underneath- if you search his posts, there is some good info on the thread. There is also at least one more thread where somebody made something from a car jack to raise and lower the router- I cant remember who this was.

Finally, if you are looking at secondhand on a budget, consider 110v and a cheap transformer- may be cheaper because less people want 110v tools.

I hope that helps.

Hudson Carpentry":38ircqey said:
TRA001 is the model of triton router. Yes there the two routers that will tick most of your requirement list. Having both routers and also having used both in a router table I prefer the Triton.

Triton +1

Cheers

Mike

I had a triton in a table for a year or so. In the end I gave it away to another forum member because I was so fed up with it. The speed control was inconsistent, it was really noisy, the height adjuster was rubbish and used to jam up or not lock. The whole machine had a cheap feel about it and now I'm really glad it's gone. In your budget I'd look for something second hand.

Thanks to all for info, watching a freud 2000vce on ebay. the triton trb001 is out of my price range. but the mof001 may be OK. the NVR is a brilliant solution for the switching problem.
thanks Robert

note that the freud ft2000 does not have the above table height adjustment.

Robert B":1xl4cio5 said:
Thanks to all for info, watching a freud 2000vce on ebay. the triton trb001 is out of my price range. but the mof001 may be OK. the NVR is a brilliant solution for the switching problem.
thanks Robert

I managed to get my triton second hand under your budget!! Its do able!

Hi
If anyone is interested in the Triton range we can offer net prices for Ukworkshop members

JOF001. £105 + vat
MOF001. £145 + vat
TRB001. £190 + vat

The NVR switch mentioned above?
I have a green bosch router in a Triton table using one of these.
Works great and my dust extractor is plugged into it via a two way socket, a huge help.
Especially if you slice your fingers off, everything goes into one box and only one switch to find.
Joking on the last point, but I think crawling around looking for body parts and switches could be a tad stressful.
For twenty quid it is a no brainer.

The only problem with NRV switches is that if you have a braked router the brake will no longer work.

Back