Router training?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wfcdave

Reaction score
Hello
Not sure if this is the right board to post this topic but here goes.... We are a wood flooring installation company based in Stockport and we are being asked more and more to be able to adapt our flooring on site to meet with customers needs, for example creating tongue and groove boards and creating a round bullnose on the edge of a tongue and groove board. We are looking for any ideas of training courses around the Stockport/Manchester areas or beyond if practical particularly in the area of using a router and its applications

Many thanks in Advance

wfcdave":yapzpqhb said:
....adapt our flooring on site to meet with customers needs, for example creating tongue and groove boards and creating a round bullnose on the edge of a tongue and groove board.

Why on earth would they want you to do it on site? Think of the dust and all-round mess!

If it's only small pieces, I can see the point of doing it on site with a router (preferably in a portable router table) Otherwise, you might find it better to scout aroung for a local woodworking shop who'll be able to whiz it through a spindle moulder or router table.

wfcdave":rsgmkih2 said:
Hello
Not sure if this is the right board to post this topic but here goes.... We are a wood flooring installation company based in Stockport and we are being asked more and more to be able to adapt our flooring on site to meet with customers needs, for example creating tongue and groove boards and creating a round bullnose on the edge of a tongue and groove board. We are looking for any ideas of training courses around the Stockport/Manchester areas or beyond if practical particularly in the area of using a router and its applications

Many thanks in Advance

Creating T&G boards - either buy them in that way or get someone with production equipment to do it. Someone with a multi-head setup should have no problem.

Bullnose on a board or 2 - don't see an issue with this being done on site. If you are an employer HSE will probably require you to have routers with electronic brakes.

HIH

Dibs

p.s. Axminster aren't very far from your neck of the woods, might be an idea to ask them if they'd be interested in running a 1/2 day course or something. They might especially if you buy kit as well.

Dibs-h":2dao553i said:
Axminster aren't very far from your neck of the woods, might be an idea to ask them if they'd be interested in running a 1/2 day course or something. They might especially if you buy kit as well.

I've asked the question before and Axminster only run training courses in Devon.

Thanks,
Neil

You could try www.woodshop.co.uk in Penrith. His name escapes me for the moment but he will run a course to suit your paticular needs. If you do go to him please let me know in time.

Best wishes.

Back