Router template guid bushes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eyesaw

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I seem to be having trouble purchasing touter guid template bushes to fit my Makita 700c palm router.
After ordering a silverline set then receiving a message from seller that there was a problem with the batch made.
Not sure where to go.

Any suggestions please.

Hello Mikejhn,
Have you had experince with using guid bushes on a makita 700c palm router ?
Im not sure the which is the smallest size bush available to fit the palm router and i don't like doing returns.
I'd like to rout as close to my template ad posible.
Thank you for your help

I maybe (probably am) way off the mark here but I always thought there were specific size bushes for specific templates. If making your own templates then surely you just work from the bush/ router bit size you have or wish to use.
Trend recommend a certain clearance between bit and bush so the bush size changes depending on bit size used.
I don't know if the Trend ones fit the Makita without an adaptor plate but there a fifty to choose from from trend.
https://www.trenddirectuk.com/trend-rou ... ide-bushes

Screenshot 2019-05-28 at 13.33.51.png

Screenshot 2019-05-28 at 13.33.39.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-05-28 at 13.33.39.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-28 at 13.33.39.png
    692.6 KB · Views: 372
  • Screenshot 2019-05-28 at 13.33.51.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-28 at 13.33.51.png
    940.8 KB · Views: 354
Thank you for hour replies.
I think i'll just go for a top bearing straight cutter bit.

Thank you.
My template which i like to see is ontop of workpeice therefor i feel that a top bearing will suit me better. I will make several cuts using different size top bearing bits.
Lets see how it goes.

Eyesaw":11u9f07m said:
Hello Mikejhn,
Have you had experince with using guid bushes on a makita 700c palm router ?
Im not sure the which is the smallest size bush available to fit the palm router and i don't like doing returns.
I'd like to rout as close to my template ad posible.
Thank you for your help

I don't have a Makita, I have the Katsu clone and fitting it with the base plate and bushes from the Triton offering.

Just an update.
I managed to use a top end bearing 1/2 x1/2 x1/4 shank to cut around a internal template i made with 3/8 ply.
Using the same router blade i stepped down 4 times untill the 3/4 mdf was cut.
im happy with the result.
I'll gladly post a pic when i learn how.

Back