router tables and height adjustment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mukka

Reaction score
checking out above wanna know if i missed anything

woodpeckers unilift
routalift
routerraizer
rout r lift

for router that do the job

triton
trend t11

any others?

tables is the triton any good as i need a table saw as well

If your just starting out and want a flexible system then you can't go wrong with the Triton. Get the workstation, router table, saw and router and you'll be all set up.

Welcome to the forums.

I second WIZer on the triton router, if you buy one of these you do not need a riser as it is built into the router.

Les

Go for the Trend T11 and build a half decent table for it. Works a treat and will save a packet compared to seperate raisers and commercial tables.

Mukka

Welcome to the forum.

I don't have the triton in my tables, but previous threads give it a good write up, I'm even thinking of changing my T9 to a Triton. Whatever you do spend the time to make your own table, it will be a lot better than any shop produced one and a lot cheaper.

cheers guys

so i should build my own table

but what about the battle between the triton and the trend t11, i know i can raise the router above the table with the trend can i do this with the triton or do i always have to reach under

are there any other manufacturers who include the raising function on there routers

mukka":2a8zpl29 said:
cheers guys

so i should build my own table

but what about the battle between the triton and the trend t11,

Are you sure? My understanding (though i could be wrong) was that it was very limited in movement range compared to the triton

From the reviews i've read, the Triton beats the T11 hands-down for use in a table as many of its features were specifically designed for table use.

However, on this forum there is also a good shout for the Freud unit (forget the model No.) so if money is a factor I would look into the Freud aswell.

I'm not sure, but there is a fairly detailed review/post of it somewhere here in the forum, you might be able to find it with the search, unless anyone has a direct link

I have the Jessem Mast-R-Lift with the Porter Cable 7518, and I cannot recommend it highly enough. Together with a Jointech fence on a home made cabinet, the accuracy and ease of use are a revelation. I previously had the Axminster table with cast iron fence, and there is no comparison. If you can stretch to the Mast-R-Lift, go for it, you won't regret it.
Max

I use a home made table with a 2050watt b&q router with springs removed, to raise / lower I use a straight lift scissor jack from an old car this lifts / lowers by around 1.5mm for half a turn....

I used this router due to its power and price it handles door components without a problem!

router, table and jack/raiser for under £110 what a deal :p

baldylocks":34ja24a1 said:
I use a home made table with a 2050watt b&q router with springs removed, to raise / lower I use a straight lift scissor jack from an old car this lifts / lowers by around 1.5mm for half a turn....

I used this router due to its power and price it handles door components without a problem!

router, table and jack/raiser for under £110 what a deal :p

like the sound of that but is it good solid and does it stay square,

how didi you mount the jack router and table together.

I'm after a router myself, but my budget (at this stage) isn't really big enough to allow me to go for a 1/2" model by Trend or someone similar.

There was a time when I was satisfied with changing over my Makita 3612CX - which happens to be my only router AND 110v - that idea soon went out the window!!

I'm after a decent 1/2" router (as close as possible to) 1850w (my table's maximum allowance) that won't break my 'student-size' bank account.

After flicking through the Axminster catalogue, I have noticed one of their models - on sale now for £89.99.

Anyone have any experience of this particular model?

Aside from that, what I've seen on eBay is either 1/4", too much or perhaps lacking with power - after that, you're looking at the £35 Erbauer <eurgh!> *shudders* from Screwfix.... :p

Any help at all and I'd appreciate it.
I'm also going for the WoodRat raiser bar option. It did get pretty decent reviews in Good Woodworking and I am on a budget here.

the jack is bolted to a 38mm fixed shelf (2x18mm mdf) by its own base, my jack base is square so setting that was a doddle, top of jack has a deep channel/mouth so I shaped a piece off oak to fit the top of the jack then slightly cupped the other side to fit the router but don't block cooling vents they do work :shock: as for any movement not noticed any! note of caution though KEEP threads on the jack free from saw dust :twisted: its areal pain in the :!: to clean i had to unbolt mine so be warned!!![/quote]

if your just starting out, i wouldn't spend too much money on items that you may not understand or get on with. Buy a cheaper model to get you going and once your skill develope then purchase the items to fit your means.

I want to spend £500+ on a good router but i can't see the point at the moment because i'm not making anything to warrant it. So i bought a cheap secondhand router from ebay (£10) and made the table and raiser to suit this. total cost was around £25.

I used this last night to rebate some glazing bars for my greenhouse and it worked great.

work6.jpg

work7.jpg

Andy

Back