Router tables again...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_G

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

For a while I have been considering buying a router table. I have looked at the Record Professional Table as a number of you on this forum think they are quite good.

However, I have found a model by Fox and Charnwood. All in all they look identical to the Record apart from the colour and logo. They appear to be the same even down to the dimensions and weight.

Does anyone know if the Fox and Charnwood are identical to the Record as they are about £50.00 cheaper.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave-G - I think you will find that they are mainly the same. Just a few small details different (I think someone said that one is not standard with the NVR switch unlike the Record). Ryobi also has this table.

Hi Dave

If you are looking at record try the rms-r table. It has a cast iron top and sliding table, bought one this year nice piece of kit especially with a triton router fitted to it. :D :D :D

Les

Neil,

Thanks for posting that website up, ive been looking for a website that sold xcalibur machinary for while :)

Les i have the same table ....Aint that sliding bed great for raised panels , tenons etc :D

les chicken":27phd41z said:
Hi Dave

If you are looking at record try the rms-r table. It has a cast iron top and sliding table, bought one this year nice piece of kit especially with a triton router fitted to it. :D :D :D

Les

Hi Les

Are you still pleased with the record/Triton combination? Any negatives ?

Do you need a collet extension for the Triton?

Cheers

Roger

I bought one of these a year ago, and it was the sliding table that clinched it.
The main problem I found was the fences & dust hood are all seperate and you bolt them together which created alignment issues which took an age to solve.

And even though I had the Ryobi router it was still not easy fitting the router on the adjustable mounting mainly due to the weight of the router in one hand while fiddling around with the brackets in the other hand to get it aligned properly even with the table tilted

The sliding table was OK, but the mitre & clamping arrangment IMHO was poor.

I sold it after 3 months of sheer frustration and made my own using much the same parts as your thinking of doing.

IMHO You'll be happier with making your own.

Roger

I am still very pleased with the set up. There is no need for any extension with the triton in the table. I removed the spring and even left the base plate on NO problems plenty of grunt. You need to be familiar with the type of clamping arrangement to set up the router but it only takes about ten minutes from scratch to ready to go.

I have been using mine to make some odd shaped raised panel doors for under stairs storage cupboard. The sliding table is good and the triton does not struggle in any way even with a decent cut, plus cutter changing is a doddle.

The only drawback with the triton is when inverted in a table you can not see the speed settings, I ended up marking the dial to help. Have also reported this to Triton uk but have had no reply.

Les

Hi Dave,

The Fox, Charnwood, Ryobi and Record are essentially all the same thing, just badge-engineered. The £139 table mentioned is not however as it lacks the sliding table, hence the cheaper price I guess.

cheers

Ike

Latest posts

Back