Router Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kafkaian

Established Member
Reaction score
Do I make or buy one?

Any tips would be gratefully received and a link to previous discussions most appreciated. :D

Hi kafkaian

I made my first, bought my second and recently made my third (NYW design).

The third cost less than half the bought one * and is superior in every way.

I would say that it is best to buy/get some plans for a decent table and build your own - very enjoyable :wink:

*excluding the Incra fence which I see as an extra as I could have easily made an MDF fence as Norm did no the original plans

Tony":3nqingl1 said:
Hi kafkaian

I would say that it is best to buy/get some plans for a decent table and build your own - very enjoyable :wink:

*excluding the Incra fence which I see as an extra as I could have easily made an MDF fence as Norm did no the original plans

Do you have the design, or a link to where I can buy this NYW design?

All the best

Ian

Try putting

Router Table

into the search facility - and then click "search all terms"

Adam

Tony":12rwqtfl said:
Hi kafkaian

So Tony, did you make this one?

57451a-lg.jpg

I have been trying to get hold of the plan for the NYW router table for several weeks but can't find a site that can supply it :x I guess I will have to use the old fashioned method and make a call to Brimarc unless anyone can offer an alternative :(

Wiz

Wiz,

Call Brimarc - I had the same prob so rather than call every one of their stockists, one call to them resulted in the plans arriving in the post this morning.

Thanks Brimarc - really helpful.

Tim

I need a bit of advice please. About to make the NYW table as detailed above but at the same time am having a bit of a cashflow issue.

My future intention is to put a dedicated router (either new or my DW 625 and buy a new one for free hand use) and either some form of Routalift, router raizer or follow Tony's suggestion of the Triton. However, right now I can't stump up the cash ('cos thats what kills businesses folks) for any of that.

Therefore can someone suggest a short term top plate fix that I can attach my 625 to (and remove as necessary) that isn't going to deflect but that also doesn't require me to get a local engineering firm to make it for me - because realistically I'm not going to make that happen! The plates I've seen al seem to be made from composites and have a crown to counter deflection which seems like planning for failure in my book! I'm not worried about NASA standards of flatness - no more than 0.1mm is fine given the short termness (word?) of the situation.

Thanks

Tim

Tim,

I had a polycarb plate (no particular brand I can recall) that was fine - I replaced it with my Plunge Lift in the end and as it was slightly smaller than the aluminium plate that came with the plunge lift, I was able to increase the size of the cutout and install the aluminium plate without any trouble. Needless top say going the other way could be difficult.

I may still have it - PM me your address and If I can find it, I will send it to you.

BTW it's drilled for a 625

Tim

If Chris cannot find the one he kindly offered to you, then Trend do a decent insert plate

I'm also interested in router table Mark 11. My current one has been the bargain of all time and has fared me pretty well (Ryobi router and table for £89 IIRC) but the time has come to think of something a little better to augment the 'Rat.

One route (which is a distinct possible as so many others have gone down that route and I respect their opinions) is the NYW.

Another is to buy a 'more professional table'. Now Trend do one but looking at those little spindly legs I have my doubt as to stability. Any views out there on this table?

And yet another route that does quite appeal is the Incra route. By that I mean using the TS-111 table saw frame and stuff and then adding in the router table insert as they show on their site. This seems to kill two birds with one stone and I do have the luxury of being able to accomodate the length of these rails.

I see from some pictures that Incra supply legs to support the extremities of the TS-111 rails but I still have concerns about the design and whether or not the legs will flex.

Yup...the Ryobi combi is still available from protrade for £89 plus delivery. It really is great value as a 'first' router AND table.

Ryobi ERT-1150V Electronic Router & Table
- Powerful Plunge Router for use with
or without the Table.
- Die cast Router Table ensures
maximum accuracy.

Roger

Chris has not only found the plate but also the inserts and they are in the post!!! :D :D :D . Thanks Chris!

He wouldn't accept anything for them so I have made a charitable donation. He has also agreed that I can offer them to a forum member when I finally get my fancy options sorted.

So, I will certainly do that, along with the plan for Norm's deluxe router table - either separately or as a pair to any member, once I have finished with them as long as they promise to also donate something in the order of the cost of those items to a charity of their choice.

NB - its likely that the plan will be available in the next few weeks - I think that I will keep the plate a bit longer (until there is a bit more cash in the bank!!)

Cheers

Tim

Tim,

Can I make a bid for the plans, if they are not already promised? I will, of course, make an appropriate donation, to our local Air Ambulance. I always give them two or three quid, anyway, whenever I see their tin-shakers. Living in the country - you never know! (I always used to give to the RNLI in the past when I was sailing - in case the boat sank). Is this what is called self-interest? :roll:

Save you postage, too, I'll pick them up, :wink: and pass them on again.

Could also come with chain saw to help you with that old laburnum tree. :roll: :lol: :lol:

Cheers,

Trev.

Back