Router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philpolish

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody
Can anybody give me any advise on buying a router table. I would like one with a sliding carriage I have seen a few in the mags Trend and Record a bit pricey I thought. I want a good one, has anybody seen any good deals around maybe with the router as a package. I mainly want it to make doors for a kitchen i am building.
thanks in advance Phil.

Phill.......it's been my experience that if you want a good router table, you build it yourself....

there's plenty plans available online, but I can't say I've ever come across a sliding table..

I've got the TRITON router table and it includes a built in sliding table, also if you have the triton workcentre you can use the sliding extension system with sheets upto the 8x4ft range.

I did build myself a separate stand to carry the triton router table last week so I think its possible to have a steel router top and fence, sliding table all at around the £100 mark.

I have used the router table for around 2 years and quite happy to state that the system works accurately it will also accept the other triton accessories, i.e jigsaw kit, buiscuit joiner, finger joiner.

The equipment is displayed in the RUTLAND catalogue although I purchased my gear from a local supplier at a discount.

Hi Phil,
For my two-penneth, i have to agree with Midnight.
You can build your own quite easily, exactly the size you want,
with a sled jig! You can make it as elegant or as basic as you wish.

TX

Have a look at http://www.tooled-up.com/ManProduct.asp?PID=114273 .

I've used one of these for several years - solid cast iron table with very smooth ground finish. Mine was badged from Woodcut Trading but identical to the Ryobi. Did a few mods to improve hold down - use horizontal/vertical spring loaded oak blocks instead of the leaf springs, and made some plastic featherboards on the bandsaw for running narrow stock . I did get the router recess machined deeper to 180mm diameter to self-locate an M12V router, for less than the cost of the CMT router extension collets I previously bought in good faith (they're the biggest load of sh**e I ever paid good money for). I'm going to top it off by fitting a Router Raizer next week.

cheers

Ike

Again, I'm a fan of make you're own, it allows you to customise it - you can control how fancy(or not) you want it to be.

Plus, its a fantastic excuse for a project - you can also read step by step guide I did last year on my website.

Back