Router Table / WorkBench Top

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cacus

Reaction score
Hi All,

Currently I have a Record TC-200 table saw sat next to a router table made from a kitchen unit and kitchen work top.(both screwed together). Which has been fine for the most part.

In the new year I am looking to remove the legs and extension tables off the saw and build into a workbench/island with the router table at the other side. This then to be used for both and as a workbench with storage.

I'm looking for recommendations for the top of the unit. The formica worktop on the existing router side of the current setup has not been perfect probably due to the particle board, so the formica lifts very slightly around the insert plate and the fine adjustments don't play well with the chipboard.

I have considered melamine covered MDF (18mm), as I've found a place online who deliver at a reasonable price, then glue this to some 18mm plywood but unsure if the melamine will be durable enough.

I understand phenolic ply would be good but can only seem to fine suppliers with anti slip version and obviously I want it as slippy as possible.

Any recommendations would be appreciated and if details of were to purchase either in the Yorkshire area or web who deliver.

Thanks
Steve

Latest posts

Back