Router Table: Stupidest question ever

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tatcho

Established Member
Reaction score
I am planning to order a dakota router table from Rutlands but have what is probably the stupidest question ever regarding router tables; How to you ensure that the router stays on at all time? My router (Bosch POF 1200 cheapie) has 2 buttons which you have to engage at the same time and not an on/off switch?

cable tie them. But you really need a means of switching it off conveniently, like an NVR switch.

Tie-wraps......tighten over on switch when in on position and connect router through NVR switch that way you have control via the NVR for switching power to the router and router will automatically start and stop.

This is how i and believe many others have done so. I did ask the same question when setting mine up as i realised at time i couldnt switch it on without some sort of modification and the tie-wrap was the best suggestion.

Thanks guys. Now I understand why a lot of people have two routers (one handheld, one permanently fixed to the table).

Trend used to sell a velcro thingy to do the same job (I don't know if they still do). My laptop power supply cam with two double sided velcro strips on the cables. Since I have never used them I chopped them off and use them on my router table instead.

James

Back