Router table size

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiler99

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a standard size for the actual top ( not the insert)? If not what size do you think is best.?

Not really. the size you'll need is the smallest one that you can accommodate work on but the biggest you can get in the workshop :? What sorts of things do you envisage doing?

Scrit

Well i guess i dont really have a particular job in mind. I will be trying all sorts. I am thinking about 1000mm wide x 600mm in depth (ie Kitchen worktop i have available.) I am planing storage underneath in the way of drawers and a cupboard door.

tiler99":2j1jo8ok said:
I am thinking about 1000mm wide x 600mm in depth (ie Kitchen worktop I have available.)
Sounds like a good starting place to me, especially as you've already got the materials.

Scrit

Tiler I found the 600mm a little narrow when I was trenching and desided on 700mm by 1220 to be able to get it out of a 8X4 sheet. I allowed the fences to work in both directions.
Barry

How about making an adjustable size table. Either hinged parts or add ons. It may be possible to make add ons which can be secured by clamps.

Just a thought. I have not done it myself but with a little time you could come up with something to make a universal router table.

Back