Router table recommendations?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon Tarling

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking to improve my present routing setup from a Rutlands £200-ish motorised table setup. The fence and table slot arrangement could be better, plus the height adjustment mechanism is just all a bit cheap. The UJK benchtop router table has struck my eye and appears to be a decent bit of kit for the money, but the UJK router lift design seems to me to be a little lacking in certain areas. Does anyone have any better recommendations for a decent motorised lift that's compatible with the UJK table, or perhaps a setup from a completely different manufacturer? I must add that my routing needs at the moment are quite modest, making boxes and the like, but I'm sure a decent setup would encourage me to expand my uses for it.

G.

Are you hidding even better stuff than that on the website, hard to believe as a lot is creeping onto my wishlist!

I usually have samples or prototypes that haven't yet made it onto the website, or sometimes items they will end up on our eBay outlet store.

Always worth asking if looking on the website is blowing the budget.

Cheers

Peter

Have you thought about a Triton router which you adjust the height and change bits from above the table? A lot less faff than a lift Then make your own table to your own requirement.

Have you thought about a Triton router which you adjust the height and change bits from above the table? A lot less faff than a lift Then make your own table to your own requirement.

Yes, thanks, I did take a look at the Triton routers, but found that you'd still need to reach under the table if you want to change speed. That, plus the dedicated router lifts seem better engineered made the choice for me.

G.

Tried phoning a couple of times and e-mailing Woodworkers Workshop but no reply so I may go for the UJK at Axminster with the lift.

Thank you again Gordon. I will as I have sent a message . Most things seem out of stock also. I was not having a moan and I am not suggesting you thought that either. Things can be misinterpreted when typing.

Yeah, no worries. There's many things out of stock at the moment, so if you want something in a hurry, you have to go with what you can get. Either that, or you could be in for a long wait! I've had a bandsaw on order since the end of February and still no sign of it appearing!

Hi Chiller, sorry the the guys couldn't get back to you today. Mondays are always busy but we had a bumper weekend as we have just received a long awaited Incra delivery and one of the team had to go home early feeling the side effects of his jab. Hopefully we will be back to full strength tomorrow.

Cheers

Peter

Well I never thought one simple recommendation would generate so much potential business. How much commission do offer Peter?😃

Back