router table project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattMac

Reaction score
im new to ukworkshop and I am about to begin my first project building a router table

im gonna be making this using a mix of kitchen worktop, mdf and 3x3 pine

the router im using has a safety button which you have to press with the piston grip switch to start. problem is once I let go of the switch the router goes off. does this mean my router is a dud and isnt suitable for building a router table???

No
You can buy clips that will Clip over the handle and button
Or you can achieve the same thing by just wrapping some tape around the handle.
just make a point of unplugging the plug from the socket anytime you carry out any adjustments on it
Do not rely on just flicking the switch on the socket to the off position as you do not always do it properly
As a very good friend of mine found out

Roger

Matt
I put a croc clip around mine which means its alway on, then i got a no volt release switch off ebay for £20 or so. i never take the router out of the table. Flicking the switch was my option in poorer days. But have had one bit come out.

PS(who ever came up with the idea of never over tighten a router, never had a router table!) i alway make sure they are really tight, not enought to damage threads, but i dont was a bit coming out again)

My No Volt Release Switch wasnt too different to this one
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/No-Volt-Relea ... 3a654e7ea0

Ken

Cable tie or strip of velcro works fine too but as Kinsella says, make sure you fit a no volt release switch

Andy

My previous router had this problem. I just fitted an NVR (from machine mart) switch to the top of the table and plugged the router into this and zip tied the switch on.
That router was rubbish though. I now have the Triton router mounted in the table which has a much better switch design for router tables and a very handy method of plunging with a twist handle. This router has improved my routing experience no end.

Ollie

Do a search on the forum as i recall there is another post on the same subject. I put a croc clip on mine and then used a no-volt switch. Cheap on ebay.

Back