Router Table Plans

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kafkaian

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone used these plans before?

At bobsplans.com

Seem quite comprehensive and free to download

GWorkbench450x258.jpg

Another one here to download

RouterTableFront.jpg

Whilst this one looks familiar

rt9.jpg

Hi K
I built Norm's using the plans from Martin at Brimarc. Apart from the fact that they are only in metric, they were clear, comprehensive and easy to follow. I'd use them again.

I'v added a couple of things to mine. I built Bill Hyltons horizontal router onto one side of it, and long rail storage onto the other. I don't often use the HR, but it's great when I do need it.

I also made the fence to be micro adjustable.

If you are going to go to the trouble of making a RT, then I think it makes sense to at least look at the plans that other people have drawn up, even if just to see what ideas can be borrowed, or even if the author points out things he'd do differently next time. It saves making the same mistakes.

I certainly wouldn't be without mine.
Cheers
Steve

i am also in the process of building a router table and mine is normesque but taking the approx sizes from the program. it is amazing how things differ from the original with a few hours away in the workshop!!!!
generally norms design is very straightforward my carcase will not have dados and rabbets or a biscuit jointed back as they seem ott and i used extramite instead of contact adhesive. mine will also have braked castors to use as an infeed support to the saw. having perused other designs norms is worth using as a base and add other designs to this. many do not incorporate mitre tracks but the versatility of 3/4 mitre track is well worth compromising the top integrity a little.

Hello,
I made the router table from Bob's Plans (with just a few tweaks to suit the materials I had to hand).
I have to say I've been well pleased with it and will do the job nicely until I get the time (and skill) to build one of the deluxe tables some of the forum members have.
It carries a Dewalt 625 with no problem.

Cheers,

Little Ern":2dm671ho said:
Hello,
I made the router table from Bob's Plans (with just a few tweaks to suit the materials I had to hand).
I have to say I've been well pleased with it and will do the job nicely until I get the time (and skill) to build one of the deluxe tables some of the forum members have.
It carries a Dewalt 625 with no problem.

Cheers,

Thanks Ern, have you any links to the super ones members have done here?

Sorry kafkaian I don't know any links for the deluxe tables but maybe some of the other members will be able to help.
I think you can get the New Yankee version from the Brimarc website?

Good Luck.

Back