Router table insert

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
I am getting a quote to have some of these made...aluminium plate ...6mm thick ..as per Tony's drawing. Just wondering whether anyone else is interested?

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3801&highlight=router+insert gives more details as to what it looks like.

It will come undrilled for mounting the router (unless Tony can be availed to expertly mark up his drawing with typical fixing holes :wink: ) but sod's law will state that the holes won't be for 'your' router and so I think it's probably best to leave it undrilled.

The inserts I'm still researching although one could cut these out oneself.

Please PM me and let me know if you're interested and up to what price you'd be prepared to go.

If you have any general questions then please post in the thread.

Cheers

Roger

Hi all

nice idea Roger.

I marked mine up directly from the router. I made a small paper template first and checked all aligned OK before transfering to the plate

I made my insert plates with increased hole diameter in 5mm increments. I think the smallest was 10mm

I think it would be best if the inserts were made with the plates as it is not too easy to cut the exact size and fit by hand. Mine were turned on a lathe form long stock and then 3mm sections parted off.

Tony

Any particular reason that you went for the diameter of the inserts that you did?

Reason for asking is that if the hole size were changed to match that of the insert range from Axminster aka Rousseau then that would get over the dilemma of sourcing this particular item.

Roger

Back