Router table insert

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To line up the holes for drilling do what I did recently with a tap body for a sink.

Stand it on a photocopier and photocopy the base.

Then just stick it to the plate and punch the centers for drilling.

Just don't stare at the light.

Mick

Chaps\esses - I am meaning to pick this up and was fully intending to do so and catch up with the drawings this weekend - but with the theft\break in of the workshop - I'm having to side track and get a few sections of the garden perimeter sorted and finish off the door and it's frame.

So in all likelihood there will be a little delay on this.

Thanks for bearing with it.

Hi Dibs (and everyone!),

I'm just building my first router table and in my searching have come across this forum - these plates you're making are exactly what I've been looking for. Is there still time to join the list or have I missed the boat?
(If not then please could you put me down for an Al plate with Al rings, with one of the rings having a shoulder to take the 30mm guide bushes?)

btw, I might be misreading your diagram and notes, but I'm not sure that a 9.5mm hole for the lead-on pin is correct - isn't that the outside diameter of the part of the pin that protrudes above the plate, but that there's a shoulder and the part of the pin that fits into the plate is narrower?

I prefer the screw-in style myself but since I can't find any such pins at the moment would prefer no holes for the pin - I'd drill and tap it to fit whatever I eventually find (the brass pin that comes with woodpecker plates is very nice (http://www.woodpeck.com/precisionrouterlift.html#70) but can't find it in the UK, and it's probably got some dodgy US thread:) )

Really impressed that you're putting this together Dibs. Sorry to read about the break in.

rgds all,
graham.[/url]

Hi Dibs

I cant remember if i opted in on this or not - but if i did i need to withdraw as ive just agreed to buy (amongst other things) a router table top including phenolic insert from norman king

hope thats not a problem

P

wizer":21gvyz86 said:
why are we waiting, we are suffocating... :lol:

I'm about a week out from having the 'shop secured up. So will pick it up then. By way of a test - I'm having some s\s door plates lasered up and as the quotes are coming from a few different suppliers, should have a few more suppliers to get a quote from for the inserts.

Hi Dibs-h

I am hoping it is not too late to add my name to the list of interested parties, I am currently looking around for one of these, and if I can slip on the end of a group buy, then happy days.

Regards

Andy

Update: Now that the shop has a roof and windows\doors and is more secure - I will be picking this back up. I'll be going thru the thread and figuring out where we were and then move forward with this and adjusting the list etc.

Apologies for the delays.

Right - gone thru both threads (will be making a cuppa shortly & resting the brain) and have come to the following conclusion,

- 2 types. 1 Aluminum (8mm plate & 3mm rings) and 1 M\S (6mm plate & 3mm rings).
- AL rings can be used with M\S plate.
- 3 "rings" to be supplied, 30mm inner hole, 50mm inner hole & 0 hole (referred to as disc).
- 12"x9" plate with 90mm hole in the middle - 3.1mm deep shoulder stepping up to 110mm. Allowing 3mm thick, 110mm dia rings\discs to be used.
- 3 x 4mm holes in the shoulder (which will allow for an M5 thread - which most folk will do themselves)
- holes in the rings\discs to be done by most folk themselves.
- 2 lead in pin holes (plain)

We are way past 10 sets for each - so will those interested look at the following link (spreadsheet),

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... McFE&hl=en

and let me know if they are still interested - and if the specifics are correct? I've sort got my head round the size, holes, etc. so will be going over the drawings and making the necessary alterations etc.

Sorry for the delays, etc.

Dibs

Is it possible to have steel plate with alu rings? I'm thinking that the rings could have magnets sunk into them to fit into the plate?

Back