Router table insert

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dibs-h":2z4my5q6 said:
p.s. If folk think the 30mm & 50mm dia holes aren't quite right and feel that 2 other sizes would suit better - speak up. Can't really do different sizes for different folk - we'd have to settle on 2 sizes (probably).
I should probably speak up here as I mentioned a 52mm ring. I've measured some of my medium sized cutters and the vast majority are 41 - 46 mm. I use a few though (Wealden's tenon cutter, sash cutter and kitchen door set) that are 49mm, so I thought increasing the second ring by 2 mm would be useful. I'm OK with buying more blank discs to cut my own rings if everyone else prefers 50mm though and the 30mm disc is fine.

Agree entirely with ijam's reasons for choosing steel plate and aluminium discs as well.

I really do appreciate the fact that this sort of group buy is tricky to organise, hats off to Dibs and all that, but I don't think I can wait much longer. Is it likely to happen in the next 2-4 weeks?

Hadn't spotted this thread had come back to life...

Going to have to withdraw I'm afraid as LOML has apparently bought me an insert for my birthday so I'll be using that.

srp":11m1tgwz said:
I really do appreciate the fact that this sort of group buy is tricky to organise, hats off to Dibs and all that, but I don't think I can wait much longer. Is it likely to happen in the next 2-4 weeks?

Yes - I'm hoping to get re-quotes (only 2-3 suppliers who've quoted before & 1 new one) over the course of next week.

Confirm order and get them made - the cutters will turn them round within 2-3 days.

Dibs-h":2roz9awm said:
Confirm order and get them made - the cutters will turn them round within 2-3 days.

Ok, that sounds promising. Do I need to do anything (eg final confirmation?) I've seen some mentions of a spreadsheet, but I have no idea where it might be.

Hi Dibs
What a saga !! I really give you credit for not having given up on this !!

Can you put me down for two steel plates and 2 sets of Aluminium rings please.

Very many thanks for your dedication !!

Rob

I still need one ali so my details are correct - all dependant on how much it will cost mind you.... Any indications yet?

Thanks for adding me to the list, Dibs!

Just to be sure, I wanted Aluminium rings and discs and that's not clear from the spreadsheet.

Ta very much!

Oldwood - It's my life and it's headaches that seem to be a saga. :oops:

I haven't got anything lined up for this evening (that I know of) - so will post up the drawings.

I've updated the spreadsheet. For those that asked we are expecting to pay no more than £20 per set.

I'm probably going to round this up to 30 M\S sets and 20 AL for the basis of the quote.

I'll redo the spreadsheet later today - putting the AL on one worksheet and the M\S on another along with the rings\discs in detail - that way there is little possibility for a cock-up.

Dibs-h said:
Oldwood - It's my life and it's headaches that seem to be a saga. :oops:

I haven't got anything lined up for this evening (that I know of) - so will post up the drawings.

I thought you would be repairing the car this evening ! :twisted: :twisted:

I'll take my coat and run for cover.

Rob

OldWood":is6fc44i said:
I thought you would be repairing the car this evening ! :twisted: :twisted:

I'll take my coat and run for cover.

Rob

Nah - managed to get it buttoned up and running last night - just need to fit the undertray (10 min job) this evening and I may just have a free evening for once!

Hi, I've been reading these forums for a while (thanks for sharing your knowledge guys and gals, it's been invaluable to me) but am a first time poster. I'd be a fool not to get involved with this so can i put my name down please? I'm after an AL set with 2 extra discs. I'm a little confused by the specific details so if you need any extra info please let me know.

Thanks
Andy

PS. Dibs - I bow down to the patience and hard work you've put into this!

Updated - I've added a "Detail" tab - which is the same as the Main one except the following differences,

- Excluded "deleted" entries
- Separate Columns for each Ring\Disc and Type.

I've put the numbers in based on the Entry in the Notes column and any PM folk may have sent. This will allow me to total up all the Plates, 30mm Ring, 50mm Ring & Disc - in both MS and AL, so folk get what they ordered.

Would be grateful if folk would glance at their entry - and speak up either way.

Cheers

Dibs.

p.s. - Here it is again - http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... McFE&hl=en

Thanks Dibs - my entry is correct, 1 alu plate and matching discs, no drilling or tapping needed.

Cheers
Steve

Yup, checked mine. Everything is correct - no extra drilling or tapping required either. Thanks.

Evening Dibs

Just seen this has sprung to life again. Bought an Eumenia saw and table with router attachment since thread was quiet so please cancel 3 aluminium with 3 extra rings and replace with 2 aluminium everything with 2 extra rings.

Thanks in advance
Peter

Back