Router table insert

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timberfly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I need an insert plate for an Axminster router table, ideally aluminium to support a heavy TRA001. The slot in the table is a non-standard 230 x 306mm, and I'd ideally like the Axminster insert, but they're all out of stock.

The Axminster insert is 10mm aluminium. I've also seen a Trend aluminium plate - linked at FFX here - with the same non-standard dimensions, but it's 6.35mm thick. Can I still make this work, even though it's thinner? I'm also not sure if the screw holes will align for the table. It seems Axminster previously sold a 6mm aluminium plate as well, so I'm hoping there's a way.

Thanks.

Well of course it will work.......with a 3.65,, packer underneath it! And you may have to drill new holes in it but no big really is it?

Louis

I've got the tra001 hole positions if you need them. I had a plate laser cut so had to get them spot on.

Edit : for some reason mailing Triton got no workable result, so measured, made a test plate, adjusted, made another test plate, and then sent to the laser firm. Youre welcome to benefit from this if you like. (Really Triton should just print the layout in the manual!)

What’s the general consensus on aluminium vs phenolic plates? Phenolic are much more affordable. Looking for one for my Triton MOF

Hi everyone,

I need an insert plate for an Axminster router table, ideally aluminium to support a heavy TRA001. The slot in the table is a non-standard 230 x 306mm, and I'd ideally like the Axminster insert, but they're all out of stock.

The Axminster insert is 10mm aluminium. I've also seen a Trend aluminium plate - linked at FFX here - with the same non-standard dimensions, but it's 6.35mm thick. Can I still make this work, even though it's thinner? I'm also not sure if the screw holes will align for the table. It seems Axminster previously sold a 6mm aluminium plate as well, so I'm hoping there's a way.

Thanks.
I recently got the UJK Custom Router table kit and the universal base all of which were out of stock!
How did I do this ? Well luckily for me and unlucky for my bank balance there is a store quite local and they often have stuff that is showing as out of stock on the web - I was told once that the two systems aren't linked properly and anything I got on the web wouldn't show on my store account.

I guess what I'm saying is if you have a local store give them a try.....

Padster

Back