Router table insert plate.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Derr

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking to add a router table element to my work bench - is it necessary to have an insert plate? if I just mount the router straight under the table what would an insert plate add? Going to be getting a Triton TRA001 for it if that has any relevance.

Search these forums because there is a lot of relevant info. There are routing solutions ranging from good working lashups to systems fit for Nassa.

is it necessary to have an insert plate?
That is a good question, the most obvious thing an insert plate provides is the ability to use insert rings to minimise the gap around the cutter, otherwise you may well just have a two inch hole that will cause problems when using say a 10mm cutter. Apart from that you will not have any issues with the plate being level because you don't have one.

I have the TRA001 and it is a good table router with plenty of power, but mine is in a Kreg plate Kreg Insert Plate Pre-Drilled for Triton PRS4034 It is also modified to make it more usable, but you will need to remove the spring for table use, single screw holding a black plastic cap hich will release it, but make sure it is fully extended first!

Again depending on your circumstances and requirements and what your end objectives are you could also look at JessEm Mast-R-Lift II (Metric) with AUKTools 2400W Fixed Base Router

Sounds expensive but adding up components you soon find out it is not that bad. Because I already own the Triton I am going down another route which is the Jessem Prestige, into which I will mount the Triton. Again there has been some good discussions already on the subject.

https://woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/c...prestige-metric-with-undrilled-mounting-plate

Back