Router Table Dust Extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Search the previous posts sometime in the last 18 months these were discussed in a router table thread
There is a strong argument that these things are plain stupid, that they fight the cooling airflow that the tool needs and can contribute to your router overheating and failing.
Think about the way the router pulls in air into the top end (bottom when it's hanging upside down) and blasts it onto the cutter. Does this box help or hinder the design airflow ?
Just because someone sells something, doesn't mean that they are a good idea - and that includes the ridiculously expensive one sold by incra.
If it doesn't have an air INLET directly lined up to feed fresh air to the router's air intake save your money and walk away.
What does help is a shop vac connected to the router fence.

I've got a shop vac connected to my fence and I find that , although it picks up well, a fair amount goes to the left of the table and I have to vacuum this separately. I'm thinking that the actual table needs a dust outlet downstream of the cutter. I've seen an example of this on YouTube somewhere. Just to add that very little debris falls through the insert plate.

Back