Router Table Day 2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Good early start again today 8am. Thought I'd attack the drawers today,,especially after Tony's reminder that it took him 3 months.

The carcass is made of pine with the bootoms made of 6mm sheet material (had some lying around).

The drawer front are made from offcutts, unfortuanastely I didn't have enough to make them all of the same material, top one is oak with the others being beech.

Router-Table-2-001.jpg

Router-Table-2-003.jpg

I mountedthe PC 7539into the Unilift, this was straight forward and the instructions were excellent. It comes with all the mounting screws for al the routers that it takes which I thought was consideate of Woodpecker. The pc7539 weighs 8kg so I thought that winding up might be aproblem. I'm please to say that I was wrong, you hardly notice anything is attached.

I'm using the Xtreme Extension to enable me to change bits from above the table.

I still need to connect up electrics, NVR arriving tomorrow.

Router-Table-2-002.jpg

Didn't quite get around to commissioning the Incra, that will be tomorrows job. I'll then have a play with everything.

My other table is the Veritas which I've had for nearly 8 years, it really has given me lots of good service, so I think I'll give it a makeover. At the moment it stands on a workmate, so I think a nice drawer stand springs to mind.

All in all I'm fairly pleased with the end result.

What a nice Philly-esque touch - the Festool Tower... :roll: :lol: Looking, well, posh. Too posh for my w'shop, so I'll be totally free from any jealousy. Yessir. :mrgreen:

Cheers, Alf

Waka,

That really is a Rolls Royce job! If I wasn't committed to my next project, I would copy your super table. You will love everything about it. The Xtreme Xtension is an absolute joy after the miserable spanner/collet experience - glad to say it works for me in a Rat too!

That Woodpecker stuff looks as though it is a part for the Space Shuttle doesn't it?

Waka
Well done Mate! Looking great-you really are going too fast though... :wink:
Congrats on the sly gloats too-"you are learning quickly, young Skywalker"! :lol:
Cheers
Philly :D

Newbie_Neil":1iz1s1y2 said:
Hi Waka

Will you please slow down? :roll:

Cheers
Neil

Ditto!!!

You could have taken 1 or 2 months to make the drawers and shown me up a little less :(

Stunning table mate. Superb :wink:

Really fantastic.

Looks like all the elves must have left for the day when the photos were taken because I think we all know that that is too much work for two man days. :shock: :D :lol:

Well thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

Whats going under the door?

Tony - I have to ask - how did it take 3 months to make the drawers? (esp when it is clearly less than a day's work.......) :shock: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

T

waterhead37":y6uei7cr said:
The Xtreme Xtension is an absolute joy after the miserable spanner/collet experience - glad to say it works for me in a Rat too!
Is that the funny cone-shaped doodah looking a bit like a mortise chisel sharpening wotsit but without a shank for the brace?*

Waka, exactly how did you make the drawers? I'm thinking there might be an explanation for the disparity of time taken between you and Mr Jig - maybe. (I'm doing my best for you Tony, but three months?! :roll: )

waterhead37":y6uei7cr said:
And look how it has squashed that poor vacuum - it used to be a CT 33!
As a joke that would have worked better for me if I had the first clue about Festool model numbers... :oops: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

* My apologies for such technical terms :oops:

Alf":2rr2jksc said:
Is that the funny cone-shaped doodah looking a bit like a mortise chisel sharpening wotsit but without a shank for the brace?
Yes, it is either right way up for a Rat or upside down for a table though.

Brilliant bit of kit.

Waka, oh come on, yesterdays Festool drill just left laying around in front of the camera i can take, but when you leave a stack of them on top of a Festool extractor that is taking the michael. Not even Philly can gloat that good. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

By the way the router table is not too bad i hope that it doesn't fall apart :evil: :twisted: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Well done mate the gloat of all gloats.

Regards

Woody

Alf":3bluo6k6 said:
Waka, exactly how did you make the drawers? I'm thinking there might be an explanation for the disparity of time taken between you and Mr Jig - maybe. (I'm doing my best for you Tony, but three months?! )
Alf, drawers where quite simple, routered slot for the drawer bottom and held it all together with pocket hole screws.
Tim":3bluo6k6 said:
Whats going under the door?
Tim, not to sure did think of another door and also filling around the dust extracton port and using it as a cupboard.
Woody":3bluo6k6 said:
oh come on, yesterdays Festool drill just left laying around in front of the camera i can take, but when you leave a stack of them on top of a Festool extractor that is taking the michael.

You know I never even noticed those empty boxes in the corner, honest.

Waka wrote:

You know i never even noticed those empty boxes boxes in the corner, honest.

Well in that case if they are empty and you never even noticed them pass them over here.

Regards

Woody

Look Waka the speed your going at is plain ungentlemanly, should any LOML's see yuor post we will have a hell of a time, its just not on you know. :wink:

By the way that is an excellent Router Table :D

And I know why it took Tony 3 Months to build some drawers...........It was the 30 Jigs required for each one :wink:

Bean

Waka dont you have any cold winds or weather in Weymouth?

I'm frozen before I even get to the workshop.

Or perhaps you have access to some heating oil?

Super job, look forward to hearing and seeing the output.

tim":qcpfoxm0 said:
Tony - I have to ask - how did it take 3 months to make the drawers? (esp when it is clearly less than a day's work.......) :shock: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

T

3 months may be inaccurate :wink: I have taken 2 months to make 2/3 of the drawers and so 3 months seems about right

OK. I built my table over christmas period and family visits + celebrations etc. then got in the way of drawers etc.
I then came by some new MDF with laminate on and so made a new top to suit the Incra.
https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3990&highlight=top
Then back to work and marking examination scripts (over 700 questions :cry: ) which took up about 3 weeks. And to be honest, I haven't filled up all of the drawers I have made and so no rush

Short version = work and family and I have been building 2 bedside tables since last march and I don't want them to take the full year :oops: (need to work on them rather than drawers) :oops: :wink:

Waka, the table looks fantastic - although I was so upset by your blatant Festool gloat that I could hardly bring myself to post! :lol:

Neil

Tony, nearly three months same here.

Finished my last project 2 weeks prior to Xmas, wouldn't start another workpiece prior to holiday, returned holidays 14th Feb, spent the last four days in bed with the flu. that makes 3 months next week since any start up and I've 3 months maintenance to catch up on. pipper this retirement I had more time when I went to work.

All

I would like to oppologise for the time it takes me to put things together. Unlike most of you I get a whole month at a time in the workshop, while I'm away I plan the projects that need to be completed in that time.

I do get the odd complaint from HID's that 8/9 hour a day is a long time in the workshop. But as we all know there's nothing like taking a piece of stock and turning it nto something useful by the end of the day.

I promise I'll spread my projects over three and not two days to stop any embarresment.

DW, I only opened the workshop door while I took the pic's, I have an oil filled heater in the shop that is on full blast, so nice and cosy.

Combination station due tomorrow.

Back