Router Table day 1

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
At last I started the promised router table, I was able to get in the workshop nice and early.

The wood type is Far Eastern Ply £27.00 sheet, I used up ta whole sheet and a few spare pieces I had, so there is about £30.00 worth of ply.

Router-Table-001.jpg

Router-Table-002.jpg

The drawer runners are from Screwfix, can't remeber how much they cost, but I don't think it was a lot.

Router-Table-003.jpg

Unlike other members I have not made my own top, lazy I guess. This one is 27" x 43", so a good size, price £95.00. I have insert the unilift which is my preference. but you could easily just go for the plate insert and bolt your router directly to that. Doping it that way would certainly keep the price down.
The wheels are from screwfix and cost £27.00 for 4 or there abouts

Router-Table-004.jpg

Dust extraction is acheived by using the attachment and elbow from Axminster. I think with the clips etc this came to about £30.00.

I will be putting pinr drawers in and the cost of the stock for this was £18.00.

So all in all not a bad price for a table of this size. Bare in mind that this could be made at least £100.00 cheaper if you made your own top.

Waka,

Looks good from here. Where did you get the top from? I guess that an Incra Fence will shortly appear, given its size?

I see the pocket hole jig but I am puzzled how the top rails in the second part of the cabinet were fixed

Waka,
Looks like you are doing a good job. Where did you get the T-Tack? I have been searching for a long time for a supplier with a sensible price
Regards Aldel

Waka a was that a Philly type Festool gloat.
looking good though Waka. I must also ask where you got that top from ?

Bean

waterhead37":2zzmkb5h said:
Waka,

Looks good from here. Where did you get the top from? I guess that an Incra Fence will shortly appear, given its size?

I see the pocket hole jig but I am puzzled how the top rails in the second part of the cabinet were fixed

Yes Chris the Incra is in the box waiting to show itself. I got the top from Woodworkers Workshop, its actually a Woodpecker one.

Everything is joined with the Kreg Pocket Hole, bought last week at the show, never used one before and already I'm wondering how I managed all these years witout one.

Woody":2zzmkb5h said:
Waka, very, very nice. Is that a Festool drill i spy in your workshop?

That is a Festool drill lurking and very useful too. There is a little story behind this one, at the show on Saturday there was a tool auction (Philly ended up with his rat). A lot of people where there but not many bidding. Now to the good GLOATING bit, the drill valued at £303.00 fell into my hands for £115.00, now only a fool would turn that down whether you need it or not.

Just as another little gloat I picked up a Trend T9 for less than half price.

Who said there were no bargains at the show.

Aldel, the T Track came with the table, my understanding is that Axminster?Rutlands do this.

Guess I'd beeter crack on with the table, cos theres another one waiting to be done.

Looking very nice there Waka. Hope you manage to get the drawers made nice and quickly :wink: My drawers took 3 months to make :oops:

Dammit, Waka - SWMBO almost saw your post, that is far too much progress to make in one day! :lol:

That is going to be one fantastic table - the Woodpecker top looks great, and I'm just going to have to get a Unilift after your review :cry:

Looking forward to seeing the finished article...

Neil

Back