Router Table completed at last

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Burgess

Established Member
Reaction score
I started out with a Triton router table but was unable to control the dust
TritonTable.jpg

I decided to build my own but I did not want to lose any of the features that I had with my Triton. I looked at Norm's table but it did not give me the 460mm depth that I had. A visit to Philly's further complicated the issue as I saw an Incra jig for the first time in the flesh.
In the end the table top ended up being 1220 X 700mm mounted on a Norm type base
routerTable1.jpg

As you can see I have allowed for T Track going in both directions so that I have a depth up to 550mm.
This is what it looks like with the Incra original jig fitted. It will also take the other bigger Incra router jigs as well.
RouterTable2.jpg
I still wanted the advantages o....barry.googlepages.com/RouterTable5.jpg[/img]

Nice job Barry =D> . How do you find the T-track when the table is in action? I have heard (from the Hylton and Matlack book, I think) that it can get clogged with dust and that stops the mitre guage from running freely.

clogged with dust

this is Barry "cyclone" Burgess, he shouldn't have any dust to worry about :wink:

Nice work barry. What's the little section of track for, bottom right?

LyNx":3iss1rxe said:
clogged with dust

this is Barry "cyclone" Burgess, he shouldn't have any dust to worry about :wink:

Barry "THE CYCLONE" Burgess...sounds like a snooker player or a WWF wrestler. Looking at the pics again I do see some heavy duty dust extraction connected. Still wondering about the mitre track for us lesser mortals though.

Gary - I used tha tempered MDF and will coat it if it is needed -Scrit has given me the name of stuff to use. This is the mark one protype and the final version will be in phenolic if it does all I expect.

George yes the T track can get clogged if I am trenching

Lynx The track on the lower right allows me to rotate the fences 90 degrees and gives me a bigger cut option. It also has the Incra fence attached to it.
Barry

Nice one Barry , looks like you have every feature from every table in there . Can i order one please :D

JFC":itm04kn5 said:
Nice one Barry , looks like you have every feature from every table in there . Can i order one please :D

Me too. Looks just the business. Well done.

Adam

David
No I just designed it as I went. Sorry for the time to reply - my internet has been down since Friday night - Still down at Internet Cafe
Barry

No problem Barry, it is christmas after all - people have more to do than reply to questions :lol:

When I get started I wouldn't mind picking your brains for some ideas and tips if that is okay. No problem if you say you are too busy, won't take the hump :D.

Cheers

David

David just PM me when you want help. I still have no internet -Onetel/Talk Talk did not have any technical support (not call centre) in over the weekend or Christmas/Boxing day.
Barry

Back